Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it works out that way Wolfie but I don't have any confidence in any models forecasting a band placement even from 24hrs out. Max said, 6-8" and he's thee most conservative of us all, actually more realistic than the rest of us, when it comes to accumulations, but he often busts low so that's a good thing :lol:

4 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I hope it works out that way Wolfie but I don't have any confidence in any models forecasting a band placement even from 24hrs out. Max said, 6-8" and he's thee most conservative of us all, actually more realistic than the rest of us, when it comes to accumulations, but he often busts low so that's a good thing :lol:

Ha! I just undercut expectations a bit to keep it real. ;) I do like looking at the SR model placements of LES that wolfie posts. Seems like they are usually a bit too far south on westerly or WNW flow unless there's a pronounced wind shift. So. Oswego county should do well, 8-12" 

New Euro now, instead of dropping South of us with the next clipper, like it was advertising the past couple runs, really suppresses it now to practically nothing. The South Shore looks good from Thursday on with a light NNW flow for days it seems.  If we don't get what is supposed to materialize between 06z wed-Thursday morn then we're toast and this great pattern will have been a dud, for areas SE of LO but we're a long way from that.

2 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

New Euro now, instead of dropping South of us with the next clipper, like it was advertising the past couple runs, really suppresses it now to practically nothing. The South Shore looks good from Thursday on with a light NNW flow for days it seems.  If we don't get what is supposed to materialize between 06z wed-Thursday morn then we're toast and this great pattern will have been a dud, for areas SE of LO but we're a long way from that.

Well, KBGM has pretty much thrown in the towel for LES other than in northern Oneida county.  Can't say i disagree. A stray inch or two possible south of Fulton before the next Clipper later this week.  Looks like we will end up with near avg snow for December, near 30" total. Could be worse.  I think expectations got too high with those euro and gfs clown maps we saw.

Edit:  just perused 12Z Euro...dry as a bone and cold here.  But...Congrats Flemish Cap! Shipping lanes look to get pounded.

It happens all the time Max and I'm really getting sick and tired of being either to far North or too damn far South.  When I first moved here Fulton was a hot spot for LES but man things have changed big time the last decade or so.  I mean I'm 7 miles to the ESE of Fulton and we can't get a band to sit over us for more than an hr or two.  It's absolutely pathetic and I knew KBGM was gonna throw in the towel  on this one, as they usually do, but KBUF will keep the stupid warnings up, just to keep our hopes alive. Whatever, Comgats to the thirty ppl who live in Redfield, may you get 6ft+! 

We can't even get one pathetic synoptic clipper to take a favorable track for once, nevermind a coastal.  When there's a cutter forecasted though 10 days in advance, you can lock that **** in, cause its most likely rain!

The other funny thing is, New England wasn't even in play with this last event until 3 days ago, and they cash in more than we do, WTF, seriously tough? Is it asking for to much for it to snow, where its supposed to?

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Just got a quick hit here in northern OP but my gosh Dunkirk to Silver Creek is getting jacked up.  Almost non stop convection in that core has to be 3-4"/hr...

IMG_4831.PNG

Just came back from Boston, was right in the Valley and there was an easy 12”+ and snowing at least 3” an hour. They are getting raked. I can’t even imagine what it looks like on top of Cole road or somewhere with elevation.

34 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

If the late week clipper goes north of us... I'll join the toothless wonders on the tug

Easy now!  I don't know whether to take that as a compliment;)  I'm only half way up the Tug and have all my teeth.

KBUF is still confident we see something tomorrow night through Wednesday but I don't know what to believe anymore, seriously!  Can't trust the models anymore cause their always wrong, with at least placement, and both NWS offices cant even agree on totals in areas such as No. Onondaga and So. Oswego counties.  They always have different totals forecasted by both offices with 0 collaboration between the two. 

disco

Bands on both lakes are now expected to shift south as flow subtly
veers to the west-northwest. While this should cause further
weakening of the Lake Erie bands, the Lake Ontario band will
continue to have access to a long fetch of low-level moisture, and
we may see some reasonably robust snowfall rates of 1-2"/hr
persisting as the band shifts south on to the south shore of Lake
Ontario. With Wayne county falling into the end of the fetch of this
band, there is a decent chance they could see warning amounts of 5-
9" Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. As such, have posted a
Winter Weather Watch for the county, while Oswego and Northern
Cayuga remain covered by the ongoing Lake Effect Warning.

Lake effect snows will continue through the day Wednesday, even as
flow takes on a more northwesterly component. This should cut down
on rates significantly, particularly on Lake Erie, where snow
showers will become increasingly scattered and disorganized. Multi-
band activity may remain more robust on Lake Ontario, particularly
if a Georgian Bay connection can emerge, as suggested by the GFS,
and it is not out of the question that we may see 2-4" of fluff
south of Lake Ontario.

We'll see I guess.

11 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

KBUF is still confident we see something tomorrow night through Wednesday but I don't know what to believe anymore, seriously!  Can't trust the models anymore cause their always wrong, with at least placement, and both NWS offices cant even agree on totals in areas such as No. Onondaga and So. Oswego counties.  They always have different totals forecasted by both offices with 0 collaboration between the two. 

disco

Bands on both lakes are now expected to shift south...

We'll see I guess.

Per KBUF you should be calling out the National Guard by now.  Don't get sucked in or you'll be flushed down the funnel of despair!!

flush.jpg

Archived