Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...that was special! Dry arctic air doing it's dirty work. Fulton may scrape out an inch of almost tea kettle fluff but other than that...

0Z GFS is so suppressed thru 198 hrs the CONUS looks like the Gobi Desert.  540 line makes it down to No. FL.  How much for JAX? LOL

0Z GEM looks similar but pops a gulf coast ice storm and then heads it out to nearly Bermuda but then magically pops a significant low near NYC at hr 198. Looks very bogus. Not a buyer.

Gonna be a looooong and cold 10 days it appears. Maybe we can chase some snow down in Mississippi?

Yea just brutal. I said 2 days before the event that it was going to be mainly a tug event. However, I thought today and tomorrow would feature Fulton LES. There is still a chance, but this dry air is just brutal right now. Bad snow growth as well.

UKMET has a decent lake enhanced event for metro buffalo. I value the Euro and UkMET almost equally. 

[Animation]

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yea just brutal. I said 2 days before the event that it was going to be mainly a tug event. However, I thought today and tomorrow would feature Fulton LES. There is still a chance, but this dry air is just brutal right now. Bad snow growth as well.

UKMET has a decent lake enhanced event for metro buffalo. I value the Euro and UkMET almost equally. 

Clippers are prob our best shot next couple of weeks. I guess I'll take a feed of  2-4" systems...until we get the next Lakes cutter. ;)

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

[Animation]

Its always a Tug Hill event, it doesn't matter, unless its a true NW wind event!

Now to see if anything happens along the south shore. The bands over Georgian bay have oriented nw-se. Barre has been getting hit. Meso is evident also. It's nights/ mornings like this that anything is possible. 

It cant be forecast. A single streamer has been over Niagara for hours. It's so dry I'm surprised it's even showing.

cluding the cities of Rochester and Newark
125 AM EST Wed Dec 27 2017

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
EVENING...

* WHAT...Lake effect snow expected. Plan on difficult travel
  conditions...including the evening commute on Wednesday. Total
  snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches are expected in the most
  persistent lake snows.

IDK why, but Buf keeps upping the totals. Anymore and we enter warning territory. 

Oh and the last paragraph is terrible news for snow chances off lake erie. I don't think theres a chance the lake freezes, I think its a guarantee the lake freezes as the forecast doesnt get to 30 for 10 more days. We will have to nank on synoptic snows from this point forward and I dont generally like to hang my hat on that.

Archived