Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

9 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

GFS is trending towards the EURO.. (shocker) Sending the energy and trough more to the SW 

prateptype_cat.conus.png

The GFS is grossly overdone with that whole cold push in all likelihood.  My guess is this won’t be a snow event for the most part anywhere south or east of a BHM to just north of GSP line.  

Just now, Cold Rain said:

The placement of the precip max is still a bit suspicious to me, but ok.

NM, now that the next map was posted.  I would be extremely pleased if that occurred.  This winter would get no lower grade than a B from me, regardless of what happens from here on out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Don't understand why the cold has to be overestimated, I mean nobody bought the cold air for the last outbreak, and it was UNDERestimated

The setup out west isn’t quite as favorable as the ridging isn’t as pronounced so I wouldn’t think we would see things setup as far south  

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

NM, now that the next map was posted.  I would be extremely pleased if that occurred.  This winter would get no lower grade than a B from me, regardless of what happens from here on out.

I think this is Raleigh's year CR.  I have no confidence in whatever this clipper/Miller B/late coastal thing is for the western/southern piedmont but it just seems like it wants to snow in eastern NC.  Hope you get to take down your snow shields!   

Pretty cool to have a pop up threat for somewhere in the SE though...

• Like 4

I like the EURO it really picks up on a few things. Zilch for north Georgia into south-west NC really makes it hard to get good snow storms for the mountains, foothills, western Piedmont, northern Piedmont and the trends will likely be similar to the current solutions or east. Not digging south-west this time may help those Greensboro to Raleigh, maybe Charlotte, get on the action this winter! :snowing:  

While it still shows rain, January 22nd time frame bares watching with arctic air leaving before the moisture and behind the moisture. Any difference in timing, wrong calculation in snow cover, could send parts of the South-East into a big dog around that time frame. Bares watching. Please bare with me. 

1 minute ago, Red1976Red said:

While it still shows rain, January 22nd time frame bares watching with arctic air leaving before the moisture and behind the moisture. Any difference in timing, wrong calculation in snow cover, could send parts of the South-East into a big dog around that time frame. Bares watching. Please bare with me. 

We'll let you go ahead and bare with yourself, rather than joining in.  ;)