Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

parts or most of CT will dryslot, looks that way at h7. I would not forecast more than a quick 1-2” with isolated higher amounts obv. Highest winds look to be out east with the LLJ. Not saying this is meh for everyone but here, it doesnt look that anomalous.

I agree.

I Don't think it will be very memorable in the end, but we'll see.

I guess it's impressive given its still so early,  but...couldn't care less overall. This is not 1/10 the anomaly that 10/2011 or Sandy were...perfect storm, etc.

Sorry to have offended anyone-

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro almost looks more impressive SE CT-ern MA then 00z...but only first glimpse. 

I don't think there is a widespread strong to damaging wind gust threat across the state during the system.  I think the higher likelihood will certainly be along the coast into SE CT.  Monday, however, looks much more impressive with the winds on the backside, especially with pretty steep low-level lapse rates.  

What I am most impressed with the most is how the NAM/GFS/Euro all have a 70-80+ knot LLJ at 925mb...that's ridiculous.  That is not something you see very often.  Wherever the heaviest rain sets up there will certainly be some 5-6'' totals somewhere

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I don't think there is a widespread strong to damaging wind gust threat across the state during the system.  I think the higher likelihood will certainly be along the coast into SE CT.  Monday, however, looks much more impressive with the winds on the backside, especially with pretty steep low-level lapse rates.  

What I am most impressed with the most is how the NAM/GFS/Euro all have a 70-80+ knot LLJ at 925mb...that's ridiculous.  That is not something you see very often.  Wherever the heaviest rain sets up there will certainly be some 5-6'' totals somewhere

Yeah the back side might be best for parts of CT. Tough call. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah the back side might be best for parts of CT. Tough call. 

yeah it really is.  Bufkit soundings do show some pretty strong mixing.  I also agree with some above posts about the heaviest rain perhaps being a bit overstated.  We could certainly dry slot here.  I also think we will see a really thin convective line given the strength of the forcing and sometimes those get aided by the dry slot.  something to watch

Just now, weatherwiz said:

yeah it really is.  Bufkit soundings do show some pretty strong mixing.  I also agree with some above posts about the heaviest rain perhaps being a bit overstated.  We could certainly dry slot here.  I also think we will see a really thin convective line given the strength of the forcing and sometimes those get aided by the dry slot.  something to watch

I feel like CT may get soaked...at least a chunk of it.  Someone from maybe RI/ern CT into NY state is getting 5-6".  

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I feel like CT may get soaked...at least a chunk of it.  Someone from maybe RI/ern CT into NY state is getting 5-6".  

I feel like that we will get a ton of rain in a short amount of time then perhaps a dry slot moves in?  Sort of like a front end thump with snow.  I can definitely see someone getting 5-6'' just a matter of where

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty nasty at 925. It's out on weather.us.

over western CT?  Looked pretty damn impressive out over the Cape but it doesn't look like it very impressive over western CT at the time it shows the insane gusts here.  Looks like 50 knots across extreme coast then much less inland.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

over western CT?  Looked pretty damn impressive out over the Cape but it doesn't look like it very impressive over western CT at the time it shows the insane gusts here.  Looks like 50 knots across extreme coast then much less inland.

70-75kt at 925 for E MA/NH/ME.

May be an obvious point to most but for the big wind producers I've always noticed the wind start to pick up and become breezy 24 hrs or so before worst impacts. So if this one means business we should start to see winds gradually increasing tonight into tomorrow. If early tomorrow am is gusty the along the coast this one should be a doozy....

Archived