Newest Member
    joxey
July 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluewave said:

Looks like Warren County was the big jackpot for the storms today.

...WARREN COUNTY...
   WASHINGTON TWP        5.19  1120 AM  7/07  MESONET
   BLAIRSTOWN            4.53  1123 AM  7/07  MESONET

This has been a much more active spring/summer season then the last few and that should hopefully continue. I honestly feel like we are priming ourselves for a widespread major rain event at some point this summer/fall from either a tropical or non tropical weather system.

15 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

This has been a much more active spring/summer season then the last few and that should hopefully continue. I honestly feel like we are priming ourselves for a widespread major rain event at some point this summer/fall from either a tropical or non tropical weather system.

We'll see if we can score our first 10" month since August 2014 during this peak convection and tropical potential season into October. 

4 hours ago, bluewave said:

Potential severe thunderstorm/flooding pattern setting up this week. Temps soar to near 100 degrees over the Midatlantic with pieces of the EML coming east from the Plains across our area. 

the eps trended more impressive for heat/storms and this morning's gfs did as well

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

friday looks like the best day for widespread activity imo. i think the front will be too far north of us thursday

Euro has a morning MCS going by to our north on Thursday with possibly the hottest temps of the week. The second MCS is further south right through our area for Friday morning.

ecmwf_t2max_12_neng_19.thumb.png.083b84a58dec17b90cd18eeac37a02a9.png

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Please order me up a nice day for Saturday :) We are doing an outdoor party to celebrate our twins HS graduation and going off to college. A wet and windy day would be a near disaster.

wow-congrats to them-goes fast doesnt it?   my boys are now 8...seems like yesterday.....

so far NYC has no 90 degree days (at the park) but is averaging slightly above average due to high minimums...NYC and Newark are less than a degree above average while Laguardia is a just under two degrees above...It continues to be a degree more above average than the other sights...

Archived