Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,276
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    weatherman27
    Newest Member
    weatherman27
    Joined

Central Pa - March Monster 2017


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Capture.PNG.0f2384c07149ebef74b69ffc694a5681.PNG

 

Man, and I was feeling pretty good about our predictions. Gotta love viewers  



They're the best right?! You get no credit for being right, and slammed when wrong. Good times! Lol. I don't envy you. This was a lesson learned about the power of Atlantic warmth. Wish we had a little blocking. That would've been sweet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No additional snowfall accumulated during the past hour leaving my storm total at 15.2".

The band in western Cumberland that looked promising is now falling apart...so will have to wait a while longer before more bands to the west move east to this area.

Temp has cracked freezing, now at 33.1 degrees, so some minor compaction is going to take place as we approach solar noon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm told 17" here in Summerdale. 3 separate people told that was their measurement 

I had 16" at 11 am so need to go out and check - pretty impressive to have just over an inch an hour rates for nearly 12 hours now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a persistent band that is staying close to the Susquehanna river.

MDT at 12 pm still reporting snow with .5 mile visibility.

Steady moderate snow continues in Marysville.

 


It's been light to moderate snow for awhile now in Camp Hill within that band. That band was actually modeled very well on both the HRRR and Hi-Res NAM as being rather persistent till mid afternoon



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

No additional snowfall accumulated during the past hour leaving my storm total at 15.2".

The band in western Cumberland that looked promising is now falling apart...so will have to wait a while longer before more bands to the west move east to this area.

Temp has cracked freezing, now at 33.1 degrees, so some minor compaction is going to take place as we approach solar noon.

Much of the LSV and MSV got the unlucky "secondary dry slot" over the last few hours.  You were pretty far from the slp but I guess most models did keep you under 20" so it was modeled fairly well.  Radar really lighting up with a band right now though.  I had told a friend 18-24 so really hoping the Carlisle are gets 2-3 more :-).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Much of the LSV and MSV got the unlucky "secondary dry slot" over the last few hours.  You were pretty far from the lsp but I guess most models did keep you under 20" so it was modeled fairly well.  Radar really lighting up with a band right now though.  I had told a friend 18-24 so really hoping the Carlisle are gets 2-3 more :-).

 

Well, just after saying that band was falling apart, it suddenly began to re-develop, and it looks like snow should begin here again in the next 10 minutes.  Will keep you posted!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:


It's been light to moderate snow for awhile now in Camp Hill within that band. That band was actually modeled very well on both the HRRR and Hi-Res NAM as being rather persistent till mid afternoon



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It looks like it is pivoting from the northeast  & filling back through western Cumberland & Franklin counties to Hopefully meet up with my Susquehanna band to give us a few more inches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Mets are being crushed up and down the seaboard, we need to give props to our guys here in this forum and MU's Horst. They all played up the warm air, didn't bite for blizzards in PHL or NYC. 

You guys are some of the best on this board. Thanks for sharing your expertise with us (though Mag looks like you downplayed Williamsport's total haha!).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...