joxey
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, burrel2 said:

Someone from Roanoke, Virginia.... lol

Guys listen. It is the 84 hr NAM lmao!! The northern stream energy is in a great position for where you would like to see a phase start to happen for our neck of the woods (NC & VA). Problem is unless that southern energy is progged to be strong you would want to see the energy get held back more and induce an earlier phase otherwise the southern stream may keep on trucking. A stronger southern stream could have the potential to go Miller A with the backside northern stream energy going negative and allowing it to turn up the coast. Lots of variables with temps etc.. but its a good start to see the NAM actually has a damn clue.

For the newbies on the board these phasing events are incredible to watch. It is like a well oiled machine, in which all the working parts have to come together just right to induce the storm. Pay close attention in a little bit to what the 0Z suite does with the southern energy back in and around Texas. It will be telling. 12z was a start in the rigjt direction. 

Guys listen. It is the 84 hr NAM lmao!! The northern stream energy is in a great position for where you would like to see a phase start to happen for our neck of the woods (NC & VA). Problem is unless that southern energy is progged to be strong you would want to see the energy get held back more and induce an earlier phase otherwise the southern stream may keep on trucking. A stronger southern stream could have the potential to go Miller A with the backside northern stream energy going negative and allowing it to turn up the coast. Lots of variables with temps etc.. but its a good start to see the NAM actually has a damn clue.

There's no doubt that you are in a good spot with the way things are trending for the Monday night/Tuesday storm. Eastern NC.... not so much.

There's no doubt that you are in a good spot with the way things are trending for the Monday night/Tuesday storm. Eastern NC.... not so much.

Nobody said RDU is in a climo favored area for this setup. And I even said that in my previous postings. READ. Also, putting a guess on a ptype for next week is downright insane after we haven't even gotten through these next two SW's. End rant. 

Nobody said RDU is in a climo favored area for this setup. And I even said that in my previous postings. READ. Also, putting a guess on a ptype for next week is downright insane after we haven't even gotten through these next two SW's. End rant. 

You posted a pic of the 84hr NAM with all the 5h vorts circled and a snowy window emoji..... There was no text for me to READ.   

I can only assume by your snowy window emoji that you were extrapolating lots of snow in your back yard due to the triple phasing potential; when in reality it most likely means rain for your back yard, (but yea, maybe I'm downright insane).

You posted a pic of the 84hr NAM with all the 5h vorts circled and a snowy window emoji..... There was no text for me to READ.   

I can only assume by your snowy window emoji that you were extrapolating lots of snow in your back yard due to the triple phasing potential; when in reality it most likely means rain for your back yard, (but yea, maybe I'm downright insane).

Maybe read my previous postings instead of going on the attack next time. Thanks. 

near identical to the 18z run, rdu just north of the main precip.  still snows and temps look good down to the sc/nc border.

Energy appeared a tad sharper and consolidated around 54-60 hours but may be splitting hairs at this point. Let's see what cmc brings. 

Archived