Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 Clipper

ORH_wxman

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

NAM over amps just like it did at 72 hours for the last non clipper.  Unless we get a bend in the 5 h field rather than a rounded look we won't see substantial lift or inflow.  Pretty obvious looking at the GFS Euro and GEM that the NAM right now is an outlier. Still time but I would not expect more than a nuisance event at this stage. 

can't disagree that it may be too amped.  With such a tight baroclinic zone though this should yield at least a narrow band of rather intense snows...just a question of where this occurs.  But a 100+ 500mb jet streak rounding the base of the trough could be a good signal for more amped than not

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

can't disagree that it may be too amped.  With such a tight baroclinic zone though this should yield at least a narrow band of rather intense snows...just a question of where this occurs.  But a 100+ 500mb jet streak rounding the base of the trough could be a good signal for more amped than not

Bigger fish to fry

The GEFS are interesting, they are still very wet but it's becoming clear that many members cluster near the OP but there is a steadfast clustering of much closer, deeper solutions.

So my gut says this is missing south, but it could have the potential for very rapid forecast changes should one of these deeper solutions end up verifying. And I just love those surprises. But alas, it is probably not to be.

Although, 3km was paltry.

Still mixed signals on how heavy rates can get. Now that it seems likely that it will be a strung out wave and CT/RI/SEMA look to be the target, it's probably best to listen to scooter now.

Before, he was just trolling though.

12 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Nice job by DIT, he called it. So far DIT has been on fire this winter.

lol. The Feb footer I called it days before the SB while he gave up on winter, and the SB at halftime.....changed his tune afterwards. This Sunday, he and I said it will come back north so we both wrong. Cant let the spin magic trick your eyes, reality is in the writing. 

Archived