Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coop Crushing Snow Observations 02/15/17

wxeyeNH

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm telling you...these guys didn't start whining out of control for nothing...they saw it before the rest of us did. They are all doing very well after throwing multiple tantrums earlier this winter.

We were behind the curve. :(

I had the same thought.  All of us who melted have done quite well since.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Dec 14

Nah, Scooter's meltdown was Jan 2015 when he complained about not being able to sled on 2 inches of snow and thought the Jan 24th storm was going to ruin the Jan 26-27 threat...that's when he was swearing and throwing stuff around his house. Then he got 120" in the next month.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Nah, Scooter's meltdown was Jan 2015 when he complained about not being able to sled on 2 inches of snow and thought the Jan 24th storm was going to ruin the Jan 26-27 threat...that's when he was swearing and throwing stuff around his house. Then he got 120" in the next month.

I was just going to post that, s hit Jan 15 with the sled and he told Kev and I to go mud sledding after we got 2-3 and he got Squatso. LMAO

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. Steve was trying to tell me how he could dash his way through 2" of snow like it was Utah Champagne. The little event prior to the big blizz bothered the hell out of me...but somehow we got both to work out.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yep. Steve was trying to tell me how he could dash his way through 2" of snow like it was Utah Champagne. The little event prior to the big blizz bothered the hell out of me...but somehow we got both to work out.

LOl epic days of laughter at your anger which quickly turned to ecstasy although you did violently attack the snow with a shovel after.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

That must be a real killer for the wildlife.  My deer are having a hard time with our 2 feet ish.   Animals can't move in depths like that....

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

That must be a real killer for the wildlife.  My deer are having a hard time with our 2 feet ish.   Animals can't move in depths like that....

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought they were better overall, but maybe not on the mtn. Reindeer sweaters rejoice.

I mean, the numbers even on Mansfield say that 2008 blows this year away for total snowfall...but maybe the depth is different...they've been stacking it up with little melting (though 2008 didn't have a whole lot of melting either).

All the regular coops and first order stations though are pretty average for this winter so far.

Yes, decent run for even this part of NNE, even though I don't cash in on upslope.  One of the bad things about this hobby for me though, is always looking ahead to the next thing.  Even though we have a nice snowpack and the snowmobile trails are good, I am already starting to worry about the warm-up this weekend and next week.  

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I mean, the numbers even on Mansfield say that 2008 blows this year away for total snowfall...but maybe the depth is different...they've been stacking it up with little melting (though 2008 didn't have a whole lot of melting either).

All the regular coops and first order stations though are pretty average for this winter so far.

this doesn't include the 13 last night

gendateplot.png

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

this doesn't include the 13 last night

gendateplot.png

Yeah that's the graph I wanted to see...so it looks like it was tracking 2007-2008 pretty well...slightly below it until recently when it went above. It will probably fall back below it though int he coming week with warm weather and lack of refreshers....hopefully it can make another surge late this month.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that's the graph I wanted to see...so it looks like it was tracking 2007-2008 pretty well...slightly below it until recently when it went above. It will probably fall back below it though int he coming week with warm weather and lack of refreshers....hopefully it can make another surge late this month.

with the 13 last night and the 3-6 over the next 3 days, that pack is awesome. I see the average peak is March 22nd, so they have a good shot at being on top of 08 based on what I see happening in March with the cold air enveloping Canada

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

You mastered it in 14 and look what 15 brought

Love how folks who got crushed by Jan blizz and following 30 days can circle jerk each other in memory but God forbid the rest of us want to join in someday.  Like the cool high school click, the west of river folks just want to get a taste of what cool feels like.....if we are allowed to. 

Archived