joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coop Crushing Snow Observations 02/15/17

wxeyeNH

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.5 overnight to bring the total to 6.0 at home.  I will have to try to get to an undistrubed spot to get a snow depth on Saturday.  The drive to St. J this morning was beautiful with everything either a shade of white or green/gray except for the occasional blue road sign.

22 inches for the week and a smidge over 70" on the season.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Good forecast overall. Those things are difficult to say the least....and then toss in boundary layer temp issues in spots. 

I'm happy with how I oriented the band and mixed in rain near the coast with that morning update, I just needed to trim totals east and west and down at the immediate coast.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

These are special numbers, don't know the last time they reached these depths, anyone?

Andover Maine has 79 inches OTG

Hartford 62

Kingfield 68

These are all maxes for the stations that I can see in xmACIS, but they have fairly short periods of record (except Kingfield which only goes back to 1978).

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm happy with how I oriented the band and mixed in rain near the coast with that morning update, I just needed to trim totals east and west and down at the immediate coast.

I really enjoy driving through the transition from RN to SN. When I left work last night it was raining pretty heavy, got on 95N. By the time I got to Falmouth it started to transition and the roads went to hell. A few more miles up the road and into GYX was a wicked paste job. Heavy snow from there to our house. Busting the Audi through the snow bank to get into our camp road for the 3rd time was fun. Overall, this past 7 days is one to remember. Just real enjoyable. 

Archived