CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I have no idea what wxniss is talking about 

ecmwf_tprecip_boston_18.png

Most of that is rain...

I wrote specifically for Monday in the Boston area, the 0z-12z trend is not what we want.

Look at H5 48-96 hours... it's clearly less southwest i.e. more progressive the entire run comparing 12z (bottom) vs. 0z (top):

Comparison_0z_12z_ECMWF.jpg

Just now, wxsniss said:

Most of that is rain...

I wrote specifically for Monday in the Boston area, the 0z-12z trend is not what we want.

Look at H5 48-96 hours... it's clearly less southwest i.e. more progressive the entire run comparing 12z (bottom) vs. 0z (top):

Comparison_0z_12z_ECMWF.jpg

You are under an exploding CCB with great rates. I could see a flash freeze flip with intense rates. 

As of now, it's a classic 128 N&W snowstorm....BOS may get a paste bomb...we'll see. They would certainly change back to snow at the end for several hours. But the SE flow ont he front end is not a good look for right on the coast. That's why outside of 128 is where you want to be.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

As of now, it's a classic 128 N&W snowstorm....BOS may get a paste bomb...we'll see. They would certainly change back to snow at the end for several hours. But the SE flow ont he front end is not a good look for right on the coast. That's why outside of 128 is where you want to be.

how far outside of 128?  I can basically hear the cars from my house.. far enough? or close enough in my case ( i'm just south)  edit.. just east

2 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

how far outside of 128?  I can basically hear the cars from my house.. far enough? or close enough in my case ( i'm just south)  edit.. just east

You'd prob be fine because your on the NW part of 128 and closer to the cold source...It's just a general boundary to follow...it's not going to follow the highway exactly.

I remember back to the days of Bruce Schwoegler on channel 4 Boston (I was a kid back then) and there seemed to be two magical routes you wanted to be OUTSIDE of, Rt 128 and Rt 495. Worcester was far enough to pretty much guarantee a big snowstorm (sometimes with a little sleet mixed in at the height) and snow day from school. In those days I don't remember any of the cold mega storms we've gotten in the last 20 years or so. They were always that heavy, wet stuff.

Anyhow, a good memory, and if it verifies, here's to you Bruce!

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Finally......

Archived