Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Cold Rain Event

yoda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

We are trying to will a storm into existence where it will be 65 degrees <12 hours prior to onset.  Hope is one word for it.

Yeah I said this earlier. Disengaging from the guidance for a minute, we all intuitively know how often this works out. And this winter...

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I said this earlier. Disengaging from the guidance for a minute, we all intuitively know how often this works out. And this winter...

It's a fun fantasy.. But we all know how this going to work out for this event. Cold chasing out 60 degree temps = rain/(maybe snow) mix. Northwest (md/pa) line 2-6". 

My money is euro caves to gfs.. Hope I'm wrong!

But I hold out hope for next 10-12 days to score something good. Otherwise I'm just moving to Vermont or Colorado next year lol

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Trends suck imo. High of 61 here on NAM mos late Wednesday. I already know how this will likely play out. Getting the flavored syrup ready to make slurpees with the little bit of frozen mess that accumulates on my deck :-)

Well if you are discouraged then the rest of us should grab one last drink and call a cab. A double scotch.

33 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

We are trying to will a storm into existence where it will be 65 degrees <12 hours prior to onset.  Hope is one word for it.

That's what I've been saying. Bring an arctic cold front through and maybe we can talk. But seems we're relying on modified polar air and nighttime cooling to get us in the vicinity of the 30s and then precip cooling the column more? Um...well, we can try.

Archived