Newest Member
    joxey
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We had like 6-8" of crap survive the Jan thaws. Then a couple of inches of sleet that went nowhere. Then 2" of snow. Then a couple inches last night with almost an inch of sleet and zr on top of it. The pack is so manly Rocky Balboa trains across it.

I envy that. 

7 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

you did really well for that one? I was in central ct and only had 15-16 inches with no heavy rates...all 3/4-1 inch hr stuff

I think Springfield had more

TBH I don't recall the final total, just that it was very calm.  And I consider any storm over 12" here to be epic personally.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We had like 6-8" of crap survive the Jan thaws. Then a couple of inches of sleet that went nowhere. Then 2" of snow. Then a couple inches last night with almost an inch of sleet and zr on top of it. The pack is so manly Rocky Balboa trains across it.

My front yard has been snow pack since first week of December.  I'm sure Eeyore and Lurker would say the same.  

Just now, sbos_wx said:

Notice how all the "who needs wind" posts are coming from the interior? 

I consider it the opposite of "who needs pack" posts that come from the coastal dwellers...that is, until they get a real pack like 2011 or 2015.

I personally like a good wind, but only if it's like 40 kts or more like we saw in Feb '13 frequently...otherwise it's more nuisance to me.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I consider it the opposite of "who needs pack" posts that come from the coastal dwellers...that is, until they get a real pack like 2011 or 2015.

I personally like a good wind, but only if it's like 40 kts or more like we saw in Feb '13 frequently...otherwise it's more nuisance to me.

I know but I've always liked both. Wind has never had any impact on snowpack here. So I guess I don't get that argument of wind affecting pack. I've lived in the interior too.

55 minutes ago, mattm4242 said:

I run a meat department at a shaws in Cape Ann, by 2:00 today I had already had to grind 400 pounds of ground beef. I understand it's an awesome storm but who needs that's much hamburger lol.

Blizzard party. meatballs, chili, etc etc..

Used to do this at then-girlfriends condo in the early 80s.. we have done it over the years, most recently in the October blizzard (power was out, we all went to a neighbor who had a gas range.. to party and cook..)

Archived