Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Just 12 hours of 1-2" hour rates. No biggie. I do believe there are some 3/4" hours rates in the deform with this though which we didn't see with last years blizzard 

The videos from Long Beach I saw were insane with practically zero visibility in the height of it, but I know not far north of the city had much less. Hopefully the warm air to start doesn't cut into it too much here, but around 6-9am should be epic. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

The videos from Long Beach I saw were insane with practically zero visibility in the height of it, but I know not far north of the city had much less. Hopefully the warm air to start doesn't cut into it too much here, but around 6-9am should be epic. 

Out this way it was a nice long duration storm but we never got more than 1" per hour rates.

3 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

With the dynamics, there could be thundersnow. It will be interesting to see the soundings when they come out.

Agree Don . There could be 3 to 4 inch rates tomorrow for 3 hours for some .

I think some on the board max out at 15 .

8 to 12 area wide is my forecast . 

Another KU for the board . 

2 minutes ago, RUMG11 said:

RGEM surely looks to keep the R/S line much further SE then the NAM. LI and coastal areas would prefer this. Although the RGEM usually runs colder if i'm not mistaken

Hopefully the NAM is a little overdone. An amped setup like that keeps warm air in longer on the coast. But I think regardless it only cuts an inch or two off at most. Once the heavy stuff arrives it's snow everywhere.

3 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I agree with your forecast. It seems well in line with the dynamics, which can be more important than just the qpf output.

Just now, jm1220 said:

Hopefully the NAM is a little overdone. An amped setup like that keeps warm air in longer on the coast. But I think regardless it only cuts an inch or two off at most. Once the heavy stuff arrives it's snow everywhere.

For some (myself in SENJ) an inch or two may be all we see hahaha. So i'm hoping for an RGEM solution. 

Posters have mentioned that the 4k NAM has probably had the best grasp on temp setups for the past few storms. If so, coastal areas are indeed going to see the switch over a bit later. could noticeably cut some accums from what these qpf maps are spitting out

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

I agree with your forecast. It seems well in line with the dynamics, which can be more important than just the qpf output.

The soundings I saw suggest lift in the -12 to -18C layer which should help with ratios. I doubt it's anything like 15-1 except well inland but it could help push totals close to 12".

9 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

The 2010's continues to be the greatest era in modern history for KU storms. If you can find it, Dr.Dewpoint posted a bar graph for each decade with the 2010's towering over all the rest.

Archived