Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1.22.17-1.24.17 Noreaster / Coastal Storm

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 1:12pm. Have to do the odd time because I had two 62mph gusts just after 1pm. Since noon had several in the mid-50mph range. Highest 1-min. average 37.7mph at 11:46am. 63mph,10:11am still the highest gust. Wind direction had been evenly split between ENE & NE but now more NE.

Temp down to 37 here. Don't think frozen makes it down this way but looks like Lehigh Valley should be getting some sleet mixing in soon. Obs around Allentown has temps 32-35 and heavy precip, wondering what the precip type is there but I'd think it's at minimum mixing with sleet. Bacon strips is going to see a vd 07 sleet bomb...

6 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Looks like they shut the lifts down at Camelback.  Must be too nasty to stay open??  Pretty crazy

I could barely get to the mailbox.  It felt like an inch of ice under...and sleet frozen in...with more snow and sleet on top.  

It was all sleet again for like the last 30 mins.   but now snow and sleet again.   28.6  

It's like fightin for snow here.  lol 

Yesterday, I figured it would get to 31 or 32 here minimum temp..  the 28 is really surprising, ... didn't see it modeled anywhere.

Archived