Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Not sure if it was covered or not, you guys added 20+ pages while I was sleeping, but the shortwave was definitely deeper than modeled according to the 00z raobs.

OUN had a height of 544 at H5, neither the GFS or Euro were that deep (and they might have been a hair fast).

flag

Not sure if it was covered or not, you guys added 20+ pages while I was sleeping, but the shortwave was definitely deeper than modeled according to the 00z raobs.

OUN had a height of 544 at H5, neither the GFS or Euro were that deep (and they might have been a hair fast).

Talk to us baby

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Here's the GFS H7 forcing. Red line is f-gen axis, yellow is deformation. You'll find your best forcing on the cool side of the deformation (yellow) within the strongest f-gen (red).

H7.png

So to my eyes, that's looking pretty sweet around the canal area.

Bob-Ginxy-James zone

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Here's the GFS H7 forcing. Red line is f-gen axis, yellow is deformation. You'll find your best forcing on the cool side of the deformation (yellow) within the strongest f-gen (red).

H7.png

So to my eyes, that's looking pretty sweet around the canal area.

Do you have the same parameters for the other guidance?

Just now, dryslot said:

I think that area gets shifted west on the other guidance seeing the GFS was pretty far east

Exactly. The Euro had the deformation axis just about over ACK. F-gen axis isn't really changed much, maybe a hair NW. So the best banding signature shifts from the canal on the GFS to probably PVD to BOS on the Euro.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Exactly. The Euro had the deformation axis just about over ACK. F-gen axis isn't really changed much, maybe a hair NW. So the best banding signature shifts from the canal on the GFS to probably PVD to BOS on the Euro.

I'm declaring Euro.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Some predictions.... folks can add more locations.

TAN- 9"

PVD- 7" 

BOS- 5"

TOL- 4"

ORH- 4"

PYM- 14"

Scooter- 16"

James- 10"

NYC- 1"

There'll be more than 1" in NYC. Even the GFS which is furthest east of all guidance gives more than that. I'd probably say 3-4" there right now. BOS and ORH I'd also go higher for. Another west tick on most guidance and NYC could be pushing warning criteria, especially around JFK. 

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Some predictions.... folks can add more locations.

TAN- 9"-------16"

PVD- 7" ------10"

BOS- 5"-------11"

TOL- 4"--------7"

ORH- 4"-------10"

PYM- 14"-------17"

Scooter- 16"------16"

James- 10"--------9"

NYC- 1"--------4"

Mine are to the right of yours.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Probably worth noting that the Carolinas are verifying warmer than modeled as well. CHS at +10 at H8, and no model was that warm. NAM and RGEM came close, but they both fail farther up the coast at MHX where it's +8 and no model was warmer than +6.5.

What does the extra unpredicted warmth mean for us?  Sorry, layman here.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Mine are to the right of yours.

Lol one downgrade only. :P

1 minute ago, ajisai said:

What does the extra unpredicted warmth mean for us?  Sorry, layman here.

Lol one downgrade only. :P

It's an additional sign that things are trending a little more NW than modeled. A baroclinic zone in the Carolinas being NW of models is likely good news for us later on.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Probably worth noting that the Carolinas are verifying warmer than modeled as well. CHS at +10 at H8, and no model was that warm. NAM and RGEM came close, but they both fail farther up the coast at MHX where it's +8 and no model was warmer than +6.5.

Talk filthy rotten to me, you weather-devil, you-

Archived