Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tucker1027 said:

I see a lot of other guys and gals talking about the track of the NAM being wrong, but isn't this track the most common for our area? When the track was way in the south it was a once in every 50 year storm... I sorta new, but I feel like this is a more realistic track... ( probably wrong)

We will weigh it against the others as they come in. It's just always entertaining what happens even 24 hours before go time. 

I would love for this to verify however how many times have we been in situations where the only real model to hang our hats on was the NAM?  A handful of those the NAM scored a coup, it seems and I do not have data to back this up just anecdotal that the NAM has let us down more than won the day when it was out sort of on its own.  Tempered optimism is my stance.

I'm still skeptical of the NAM. I don't have any scientific reasoning or reasoning based on any of the processes going on. I've just been burned by the model too many times before. But I can see this scenario happening. The precip shield looks like it normally should with a classic Miller A even if it is probably overdone a little bit. Interested to see the 4k and 3k NAM. Good catch on the HRRR Memphis snow Mrwolf. That will definitely catch some people off guard in the morning.

2 minutes ago, st116 said:

Personally I want to turn off all my tvs, phones, tablets, etc and just go to bed and wait and see.... NAM.... 

i always loved it as a kid just living life going to bed and waking up in the morning with that insulated sound to the house and looking out the window to a new snowfall.  Nothing beat that.

3 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Wait.... there's a weather call in show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have been missing out.  Great shows like 1234 mentioned.  Very relaxed atmosphere...just talk weather.  But some seriously smart minds doing that show.  They have forgotten more than most know.  Happens once or twice a year w big east coast storms.

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Welp its over.... Joe Bastardi Tweeted "Been counting on shift west ,so I have no problem with the NAM. has scored coups before. Blend of Dec 82/Feb 67 looks pretty good" The Nail in the coffin...

image.jpeg

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived