• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

HRRR keeps insisting on Memphis picking up a nice event today. It's showing 3 to 5 inches around the city ratio adjusted. It's the only model showing more than 1.5 inches or so though. It does well with that band all the way across the state, with areas east picking up 1-2 inches if you happen to be in it's arc.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Temps are much warmer in the Valley than the Plateau currently. 23 here, 23 in Crossville, 21 in London. But lower 30s across Oak Ridge, Knox and Tri. 33 in Chattanooga. 

Why is that? i dropped from 37 to about 33 after the sun went down (near tri), hovered at 33 for hours, and now i am 28

Every county east of I-81 or that borders NC goes into a warning for 4-7 inches.  Every county west of there in an advisory for 1-3 inches. Mentions the alarming trend on the SREF but decides to toss it since the 06z NAM has backed down some on totals. 

Can't blame them. Has bust potential either way but this is a tight spot, it's hard to forecast when your CWA is on the edge of a big storm. Easy when you're in the middle of it.

Perhaps the nw jogs have finally stopped, guess its time to root for that 25-50 mile physical placement of the low for the direction that aids your back yard.  I can remember where a 45 mile error made the difference in my back yard getting 8' while others squeaked out 1-2'.  i m not to proud to beg for an extra .05 of qpf

5 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Every county east of I-81 or that borders NC goes into a warning for 4-7 inches.  Every county west of there in an advisory for 1-3 inches. Mentions the alarming trend on the SREF but decides to toss it since the 06z NAM has backed down some on totals. 

Can't blame them. Has bust potential either way but this is a tight spot, it's hard to forecast when your CWA is on the edge of a big storm. Easy when you're in the middle of it.

In other words, the Central Valley (Knoxville and surrounding areas) will be downgraded to an advisory, right?

It does look stout however it looks like it is going to be just to the north of Knoxville.  Areas north may get some early snow if it holds together. I wander if this batch is reaching the ground as it slides east?  Any reports?

The leading edge just poked into Knoxville and it is reaching the ground. On a side note the HRRR had this batch of snow a little south of where it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, bearman said:

It does look stout however it looks like it is going to be just to the north of Knoxville.  Areas north may get some early snow if it holds together. I wander if this batch is reaching the ground as it slides east?  Any reports?

snowing south knoxville

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived