Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Made it down to 15F this morning. When that's considered "cold", you know things are grim. Ah, to be back in the winter of 2014-15, tallying the subzero nights...

A man can only hear "wait until the end of next month" so many times before his thoughts turn toward next winter.

Unless we see a MECS I don't see his pattern Nickle and diming into even an average snowfall, we look to have a shot Feb 5-12, then back to reality 

54 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

My brother, who is on a job up near Monticello reports "its snowing like a bastard up here".  He spent 15 years living in lake effect snow country so I'll consider his report to be valid and true LOL

Light snow starting here now. If he was here, he would say just a flurry:lol:. Let's see if that bastard snows makes it our way.

35 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Light snow starting here now. If he was here, he would say just a flurry:lol:. Let's see if that bastard snows makes it our way.

Haha.  I'm pretty sure he meant its snowing like a bastard for non-lake effect.  I chuckle when folks post its a near whiteout because I'm guessing many would streak their shorts if they ever saw a true whiteout, I know I did the first time.  

15 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Haha.  I'm pretty sure he meant its snowing like a bastard for non-lake effect.  I chuckle when folks post its a near whiteout because I'm guessing many would streak their shorts if they ever saw a true whiteout, I know I did the first time.  

True, when you experience a lake effect squall and get an inch in 10 minn. That's bastard snows.

Edit.  Moderate snow now on the east side.

15 minutes ago, psv88 said:

dont know where you all live, but i was in East Hanover, NJ yesterday for work, and i will be in Florham Park tomorrow. Nice areas. I like Morristown a lot as well. 

I'm in Morris county but in the northern part of the county , about 15-20 mile north of Morristown 

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I think I'm officially ready for spring 

Put away the snow shovel and take out the lawnmower.  That will make it snow.  ;)  I think they had more snow in North Carolina than us this year.  That lake cutter next week will stick a fork in it for us. Had just about an inch here today .

I swear there was a snow hole on radar here right over Poughkeepsie and surrounding the whole afternoon.  I don't care if places east get two feet tonight while we see stars.  I am so sick of this bs winter.  Of all the places to live in the interior northeast, I just had to choose the snow hole king of them all.  Measly half inch todsy.  Give me a freaking break when even 1-3 is hard to do.  Goodbye winter, I seriously hate you this year.  

Archived