Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

SREFS are a great run for the HV, 8-12 area wide and have been for several runs now. I know it's not quite their time frame yet but they've been consistent.

Yep, like I said it was just the feeling I had, didn't throw in the towel.  That said, we've been burned for a number of years now and I'm a results guy, so shovel it or it didn't happen LOL.  Hopefully its a fun couple days of tracking for us up here.

9 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yep, like I said it was just the feeling I had, didn't throw in the towel.  That said, we've been burned for a number of years now and I'm a results guy, so shovel it or it didn't happen LOL.  Hopefully its a fun couple days of tracking for us up here.

Should be an interesting 12z suite. Euro shifted a good deal NW as well as the GFS. The NAM may have very well lead the way again. Time will tell I guess.

It is hard for me to imagine a more suppressed solution after a day in the 50s and 60s tomorrow.  It is not like we have a bitter cold airmass plowing south with overwhelming confluence from super strong HP. How far south that frontal boundary sags will determine the eventual path of the gyre, but I am so hoping the NW NAM solution holds.

34 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

It is hard for me to imagine a more suppressed solution after a day in the 50s and 60s tomorrow.  It is not like we have a bitter cold airmass plowing south with overwhelming confluence from super strong HP. How far south that frontal boundary sags will determine the eventual path of the gyre, but I am so hoping the NW NAM solution holds.

12Z NAM holds serve, HV in 8-12 solid.

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/19/13/02/84/screen86.jpg

NAM PARA is even better than the NAM no maps yet, qpf is greater but snowfall map on para yet to come out.

4 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

I hope this verifies, but a very reputable met on the other forum says this is probably wrong based on other guidance showing heaviest snows much SE. Hoping for a NAM coup here.

What I like is that the NAM has been consistent the past 24 hrs while the Euro & especially the GFS have not. Both the GFS & Euro have also shifted NW a good deal. If we see another bump NW by the GFS/Euro at 12z then we will know. 

Archived