Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

GFS ticked east again. Really pedestrian up here. Like we always discuss, if the coast gets a good snowstorm, then we're on the fringe. With how dynamic and compact nor'easters are these days, you need the low tucked into the NY Bight for the Hudson Valley to cash in.

Could be a 3-5" deal for much of Ulster and Dutchess.

Ive always said this... If we start hearing about double digit amounts on the immediate coast let alone E LI 9 times out of 10 we are doomed. I want my SWFEs back!

Albany is uncharacteristically gung-ho... they still expect strong deep-layer frontogenesis, aided by some QG/dPVA shenanigans, to yield 6-12".

Some classic mesoscale banding is not out of the question /which is documented in the CSTAR research/ with snowfall rates of 1 to 2" in the THU morning commute into the early pm within the warning area.

10 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

GFS exhibiting the same 500mb changes relative to 6z as the NAM. Sharper, deeper, more negatively tilted trough. Should be a nice run.

One more shift like that and everybody here sees a very nice snowfall indeed.

vzYqkj2.gif

Good stuff and loving the trend.  Models are forming a strong consensus.  

Just now, hudsonvalley21 said:

Let's see another 25-50 mile shift north and west. Can't be greedy tho.  Hope too hear thunder snow tomorrow. About time the snow hole gets some.:thumbsup:

Both the Hi res NAM & GFS give the HV the brunt. Good trends for us interior folk today. Another 25-50 mile jog NW is all good with me :)

Archived