Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, White Gorilla said:

What is your prediction Julian for our area near Poughkeepsie? 

I'd start with 5-7" with the potential for that range to double if we can get under the NW band for a while. There's huge potential for a relatively narrow stripe of multiple-inch/hour rates, and good upper air support for deep layer ascent, but it is still a fast mover.

It wouldn't take much to get our biggest storm since November 2014.

Just now, Juliancolton said:

I'd start with 5-7" with the potential for that range to double if we can get under the NW band for a while. There's huge potential for a relatively narrow stripe of multiple-inch/hour rates, and good upper air support for deep layer ascent, but it is still a fast mover.

It wouldn't take much to get our biggest storm since November 2014.

Hoping for a double digits windfall! 

GFS ticked east again. Really pedestrian up here. Like we always discuss, if the coast gets a good snowstorm, then we're on the fringe. With how dynamic and compact nor'easters are these days, you need the low tucked into the NY Bight for the Hudson Valley to cash in.

Could be a 3-5" deal for much of Ulster and Dutchess.

6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

GFS ticked east again. Really pedestrian up here. Like we always discuss, if the coast gets a good snowstorm, then we're on the fringe. With how dynamic and compact nor'easters are these days, you need the low tucked into the NY Bight for the Hudson Valley to cash in.

Could be a 3-5" deal for much of Ulster and Dutchess.

Grrrrr.......  Why am I not surprised.  Can we please get a greater than 6 inch snowfall in one go?

2 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Grrrrr.......  Why am I not surprised.  Can we please get a greater than 6 inch snowfall in one go?

Could still happen but if a super intense band sets up to our south, the air will be doing an awful lot of sinking overhead, and we really can't afford crappy rates in a 6-8 hour event. The NAM still looks very nice, but it's always been on the far NW edge of the model envelope.

Archived