Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Too far away to look at that. I wouldn't even think the Super Bowl storm is the final solution yet. 

The super bowl storm is done, all guidance has locked in on the same solution, including the tail end of Nam, looks like GFS/euro, weak with snow showers maybe...

the tuesday into Wednesday storm is only 6 days out and with the exception of the GGEM, GFS and euro are similar as of now

4 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

The super bowl storm is done, all guidance has locked in on the same solution, including the tail end of Nam, looks like GFS/euro, weak with snow showers maybe...

the tuesday into Wednesday storm is only 6 days out and with the exception of the GGEM, GFS and euro are similar as of now

I don't believe any of it! 

^^ Unless you don't mind saving a few $$ on heating oil :rolleyes:

So yesterday I thought I was going to have an easy drive and would mostly be getting out behind the storm.  Nope.  It wasn't bad at all from here to Hartford before 5am but as soon as I made the turn up I91 I caught up to the back edge and stayed in it for the next 200 miles.  At times it was really light and inconsequential but others the road was coated and in general it was wet and super salty.  What a rotten day for a long drive :(  The first time all day that I saw dry pavement was mid afternoon on I89 west of Waterbury VT, Burlington wasn't bad but it was snowing the whole time and coming home it was on and off showers but on dry roads.  The bikes on the rear rack got frozen and coated in that brown road slush/grime and I had to stop at do it yourself car washes and wash them before every store visit.  700 miles of ick... 

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

This time last season I was -27" seasonal YTD... 4.1 season total... idk if it that can be beat lmao

Sure, last year was worse but at least it was record setting for whatever that's worth.  So I can say that I have had nearly double the amount of snow this year versus last year which sounds impressive until one really looks at the numbers.  The numbers don't lie but you can make them say whatever you want.  

22 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Models/pattern look awful moving ahead, wouldn't rule out one last "decent" event, but my guess is that it will come sometime early march when nobody wants it anyway

I'm hearing the EC still has a snowstorm/much colder than the GFS for the cutter...Maybe you can confirm this for the HV..So I'm still not giving up on that one yet...1 or 2 more GFS 974mb bombs into Lake Superior and I'm done though. 19 last night here

3 hours ago, HeinzGuy said:

I'm hearing the EC still has a snowstorm/much colder than the GFS for the cutter...Maybe you can confirm this for the HV..So I'm still not giving up on that one yet...1 or 2 more GFS 974mb bombs into Lake Superior and I'm done though. 19 last night here

It is from about Kingston north, rest of us are getting the shaft 

??  My p&c says 31 and mostly sunny for Thursday.  Ehh, I don't have anything on the ground now anyway so some warm rains Monday night through Wed afternoon aren't going to hurt anything here.  I'm sure it's different up along the Taconic Crest though and I'm going to go head up there for a mt bike ride in a few minutes to find out.

Archived