Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Mostly sleet here and temperature down to 29.8. I'm south of some people getting freezing rain so this is a really odd setup.

I'd say at least an inch of sleet otg since it began a little after 6.

Ya I'm at under 200 feet elevation and very south. Just north of Ossining. Sounds like pure sleet ripping into the window. Went to rain for a little bit back to atleast a rain sleet mix.. too cold to go outside and check to see if it's all sleet 

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Look at that moisture flow... this would be a memorable snowstorm if the airmass were even vaguely seasonal. Climo for 850 temps is at its coldest this week, and here we are straddling the sleet/rain line with a 990mb low 150 miles east of the Delmarva. Kinda demoralizing.

95NfvqH.gif

Well jeez... since you put it that way... yea... I'm kinda depressed now

Well damn that was an "interesting" drive home.  The sleetfest started in Greenfield Mass and didn't let up until just west of Southbury CT.  It was still mixed sleet and rain until about a mile from my house when it went to almost pure rain but the roads are a freaking disaster up here on the hill.  I91 and 84 were entertaining at times and challenging the entire way and I found out that my Durango is an absolute fkn BEAST in this stuff.  I basically plowed along between 30>50mph throwing a rooster tail behind and flinging slush out the sides like nobodys business.  It was kinda fun actually but I think I scared a few semi drivers :blink:  

It was all snow in most of southwest NH and they got a bit last night too but it's super wet and clingy, makes for a pretty winter scene though.  Long day...

If this does keep up with that intense moisture plume the reservoirs around here ought to be pretty well recovered by the end of the day tomorrow and certainly after the runoff is done.  Silver lining B)

Archived