Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've loved this threat since day 1.. I know many were skeptical about the threat and rightly so but this smelled like a blue bomb then and more so now. Warning level snows with tons of sleet and high winds is a big time winter event. Getting home from work at 7am gonna go right to my generator and fire it up just in case 

6 minutes ago, snywx said:

I've loved this threat since day 1.. I know many were skeptical about the threat and rightly so but this smelled like a blue bomb then and more so now. Warning level snows with tons of sleet and high winds is a big time winter event. Getting home from work at 7am gonna go right to my generator and fire it up just in case 

Good move. 

9 minutes ago, snywx said:

Couldn't agree more! I told Ulstercountysnowzone on Thursday this storm just stunk of winter precip....time of year, low placement and how well this storm was going to develop sold me! I told him I'm not sold on a full blown snowstorm but it smelt like a winter weather event.....Many people are going to be surprised, I was listening to K104's weather forecast before and it was reporting a full blown rain event for the Hudson Valley tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Squid1225 said:

Couldn't agree more! I told Ulstercountysnowzone on Thursday this storm just stunk of winter precip....time of year, low placement and how well this storm was going to develop sold me! I told him I'm not sold on a full blown snowstorm but it smelt like a winter weather event.....Many people are going to be surprised, I was listening to K104's weather forecast before and it was reporting a full blown rain event for the Hudson Valley tomorrow.

Heard 880 am this afternoon. Possibly some sleet in far nw zones. Wind driven rain.

3 minutes ago, Squid1225 said:

If we see any liquid precipitation it will be right at the start. During the height it's gonna be either sleet or snow. This storm is gonna have some insane dynamics that haven't been seen in years. Im sure there are gonna be quite a few surprises

Just now, snywx said:

If we see any liquid precipitation it will right at the start. During the height it's gonna be either sleet or snow. This storm is gonna have some insane dynamics that haven't been seen in years. Im sure there are gonna be quite a few surprises

When is the height of the storm expected exactly? After 5 pm etc.

Just now, snywx said:

If we see any liquid precipitation it will right at the start. During the height it's gonna be either sleet or snow. This storm is gonna have some insane dynamics that haven't been seen in years. Im sure there are gonna be quite a few surprises

From your mouth to Old Man Winters ear. 

1 minute ago, snywx said:

absolutely brother! this one is going to be fun to watch as it develops! Glad I'm off tomorrow!:D

36 minutes ago, Animal said:

When is the height of the storm expected exactly? After 5 pm etc.

I need an answer to this also.  Looks like I'll get out of town fine in the morning but coming home appears as though it's going to be a long slow ride back from NH.

31 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Anyone remember the Thundersleet storm about 3-4 years ago? 6-8 of snow came down then insane sleet for hours with thunder and lightning... if I recall it's the infamous Cantore freaking out over lightning storm 

There were several over the last 7 or 8 years.  

19 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

How far North West of NYC are we talking about frozen precept or snow ? Is 84 the cutoff or closer south towards the Tap /  NYC ?

I'd say Bear mt is the cutoff for any meaningful frozen precip... north of 84 has a shot at a more significant event, and the more west of the Hudson you travel 

15 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I'd say Bear mt is the cutoff for any meaningful frozen precip... north of 84 has a shot at a more significant event, and the more west of the Hudson you travel 

Longitude is gonna play a big factor up here. Areas in Sullivan should cash in while areas in southern dutchess/Putnam at the same latitude may suffer from warming mid levels. Unless you are sitting above 6000' elevation will have no factor in no snow vs snow 

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I need an answer to this also.  Looks like I'll get out of town fine in the morning but coming home appears as though it's going to be a long slow ride back from NH.

There were several over the last 7 or 8 years.  

Hey Gravity  I work in Mahopac. Do you have a business in Mahopac?

Archived