Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snywx said:

Seeing the GFS, Euro, GGEM show improvements today is def a huge sign for me. Im usually always cautiously optimistic but I can see someone in our area receiving a good amount of snow. Whether its everyone 40+ miles NW of NYC or those with decent elevation remains to be seen. If we see tonights runs hold serve or trend better then im all in.

Nam gives you almost 4" and the low is still in GA 

1 minute ago, Squid1225 said:

Billy,  if you think about it...the times when the interior really does well with storms is when the city mixes or rains...right where the line with the snow starts usually gets crushed

If the city/coast is expecting an all snow event don't expect much up here. Very very few storms have produced a significant snow event for both the interior and coast. 

4 hours ago, snywx said:

Considering how bad Jan has been for the interior most of us are still above average for snowfall so far. December was def a good month. Hopefully this event coming up can salvage Jan. 

I just went below average on the season. I have 18.0" and average at this point is 18.2".  Thanks a lot January...

Of course. I blew off a southwestern NH to central VT road trip yesterday because they were supposed to have a mixed snowy and icy mess and put it off to Monday.  They got some of the mess but travel conditions weren't as bad as they could have been.  Now I can't put this one off so I guess it's just going to be a long slow travel day.  I need to go up I91 in Mass then through Keene and up to I89 in NH and then across to the I91/89 junction in VT.  Guess I'm not doing it in the BRZ and using the old Durango.  Ehh, it's only gas right...?  Wednesday is a trip up the west side of the Greens then up and over the top to Killington and out Rt 4 then down to 91 and over to the NH coast for Thursday.  Lots of snowy roads seem to be in my future :)

Just now, snywx said:

I think we all start as rain and eventually flip to snow with this one. When we flip and how much prob won't be known till the last minute but interesting to track nonetheless. Tracking the setup & R/S line is half the fun

I've seen some pretty significant snowfalls after the flip... usually happens quickly and comes down hard

Archived