joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm down here in ATL, had to come down for a biz meeting yesterday. It's freaking hot down here.  Set a high temp record yesterday and going to break it today and then they might break it again twice more this week. When I got off the plane on Friday afternoon and walked out of the terminal it was 76*. On the south side of the hotel yesterday I saw 81 on a car thermometer! WTF

Flying home in a few hours, what's it gonna be like when I get to HPN at 3:30? Did we get enough snow yesterday that my wife is going to whine about having to drive down to pick me up?

26 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

So I'm down here in ATL, had to come down for a biz meeting yesterday. It's freaking hot down here.  Set a high temp record yesterday and going to break it today and then they might break it again twice more this week. When I got off the plane on Friday afternoon and walked out of the terminal it was 76*. On the south side of the hotel yesterday I saw 81 on a car thermometer! WTF

Flying home in a few hours, what's it gonna be like when I get to HPN at 3:30? Did we get enough snow yesterday that my wife is going to whine about having to drive down to pick me up?

gonna be smooth flying....sunny with temps in the upper 30's to lower 40's...safe travels!

19 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Lol.. that's hilarious.... yea I'm pretty much seeing a lot of people got close to what the city got anyway... West Point had about an inch as well

Pretty uniform totals across the metro.  I guess we'll be comparing rainfall amounts for awhile now.

57 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Hmm are u sure it's not 8.4? I have mine as 8.8

Yeah I checked again, still the same.  The extra 1.40" is coming from one event where I called it a trace and you didn't, and the other thing is probably slight measuring discrepancies.  For instance, yesterday you got 1" while I got 7/8".  I know it's small, but eventually these things can add up.

Random question, I am trying to add an attachment to my profile so you guys can see my personal weather station in my profile. Wunderground gives me a link but when i copy it and paste it all that comes up is the link. Wondering if this is only meant to work for a personal website. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KNYROCKT2&freq=&units=english&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KNYROCKT2&freq=&units=english&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

What happen lol

Some created a fake account and literally posted on every page on this forum, western, NE, mid Atlantic... the whole thing... and posted nudes saying he was weatherfeen... lmao.... worst spam job since I've been following this site.. they were talking about it on twitter lmao

I know we have a freezing rain advisory in effect starting at 4am but looking at surface temperatures in my backyard and surrounding areas thinking its going to have a hard time materializing. I have been stuck at 35 since 6pm this evening and haven't budged and now with cloud cover overhead and a light south wind thinking its gonna be pretty tough to get below freezing tonight and if so, stay there long enough for any impact.

Archived