Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Never understood how the RGEM could be such a good model and the GGEM be an absolute pile of donkey sh**

EPS did trend colder overnight. Not a snow storm yet but I can't give up on this one especially for Orange County on north. Going with the thinking of even a broken clock is right twice a day maybe the GGEM leads the thinking on this one?

After further review it looks like this storm could follow the perfect path, become a 950 mb monster and there's just not enough cold air anywhere to make this snow. Maybe 200 miles north and west of the city and even that's not a given.

For a winter that started with some promise January is turning out to be a total dud.

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

That would be a nice surprise after most of us totally accepted defeat with January.

Most of us have about 20" for the season. All we need is 20" more with the early week storm, then a solid but not unprecedented 40" month in February, and a couple advisory events in March, and 100" is in reach. :weenie:

Considering how bad Jan has been for the interior most of us are still above average for snowfall so far. December was def a good month. Hopefully this event coming up can salvage Jan. 

33 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

That would be a nice surprise after most of us totally accepted defeat with January.

Most of us have about 20" for the season. All we need is 20" more with the early week storm, then a solid but not unprecedented 40" month in February, and a couple advisory events in March, and 100" is in reach. :weenie:

I'll need even more here, only at 7.5" :tomato:

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

You being excited is getting me excited... don't let me down lol

Seeing the GFS, Euro, GGEM show improvements today is def a huge sign for me. Im usually always cautiously optimistic but I can see someone in our area receiving a good amount of snow. Whether its everyone 40+ miles NW of NYC or those with decent elevation remains to be seen. If we see tonights runs hold serve or trend better then im all in.

Archived