joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Called in the final snow total to Mt Holly NWS.

Spoke with Mitch.

He thinks we get some good snow shower business Sunday.

1-2 inches possible.

There will also be a shortwave moving through during the
afternoon, along with some low-level moisture northwest of the
NJ Turnpike, and instability. Thus, snow showers are possible, and
should be confined to Carbon, Sussex, and Monroe Counties.

3 hours ago, Animal said:

I got just under 2 inches.

Your partner in your town, was telling me no way I got that much.

satsnow1.JPG

satsnow2.JPG

Haha sorry , just that when I was there at robins terrace (Barry lakes ) they didn't have an inch at the time u had 1.5 . I remember u are in highland lakes not Barry lakes , sorry . Im sure u could have easily had that much more being it's a decent distance away

16 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

And it hasn't added much more since than and it has stopped snowing . A whole inch  , wow lol 

Yeah, I just measured and got slightly under 1.25"

This event was terrible for us.  I mean it feels like January, but it snowed all day only to get an inch.  I was downtown and it looked like it barely snowed lol.

4 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Haha sorry , just that when I was there at robins terrace (Barry lakes ) they didn't have an inch at the time u had 1.5 . I remember u are in highland lakes not Barry lakes , sorry . Im sure u could have easily had that much more being it's a decent distance away

no worries man.  live on Grandview Drive. Our street (is the highest in the area) . Across the street in the woods is like 1460 feet.

My street is the top east/west ridge. I can see the tops of Mountain Creek.

17 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Yeah, I just measured and got slightly under 1.25"

This event was terrible for us.  I mean it feels like January, but it snowed all day only to get an inch.  I was downtown and it looked like it barely snowed lol.

We have had no luck this early winter so far , not high enough , to far north  , to far south , now to far west .  Frustrating year so far . The highlight was the 15 minute snow squall lol last week lol 

4 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

We have had no luck this early winter so far , not high enough , to far south , to far south , now to far west .  Frustrating year so far . The highlight was the 15 minute snow squall lol last week lol 

Yeah, and next week we "torch,"  looks like some 50s possible.

37 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

We have had no luck this early winter so far , not high enough , to far north  , to far south , now to far west .  Frustrating year so far . The highlight was the 15 minute snow squall lol last week lol 

snow growth. I am telling you, some of the best snow flakes I saw in months at my house this morning.

Archived