Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DRVTS said:

Hey Gravity  I work in Mahopac. Do you have a business in Mahopac?

Sort of, I work from home.  I'm a sales rep for a bunch of bike, parts and accessory companies so I have my office upstairs and all of the samples are downstairs.  Where do you work and I see you live at 850' in Carmel but where?  We should meet sometime.

Well, the wind is coming up a bit already which is pretty cool.  Truck is packed and I think I'm set for a road trip to southwestern NH, should be interesting to say the least.  Don't know if I'll make it all the way home tomorrow night if things are more white than wet up there but it will certainly be entertaining.

35 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Yea just checked... Nam drastically reduces frozen precip around Hudson valley, even 4k and 3knam.. hopefully a 1 run hiccup, but in all honesty this is gonna be nowcast anyway, such a thread the needle event, based off highly unpredictable dynamics that models often do poorly with... precip rates/CAD etc

As per 0z nam Looks like our best shot at some legit frozen precip is after midnight tomorrow. It did warm up in the mid levels but the heaviest precip Also doesn't get into our area till 1am or so. Before that best dynamics stay to our SW. The best chances of anything frozen remains W of the Hudson.

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

36.0 a 3.2 degree drop since midnight.

My location is central (North/south orientation), eastern Orange County at elevation 600 feet so I expect to be sitting on the border of frozen precip through most of this. I pretty much have no idea what I'm in store for. A nowcast if ever there was one.

Gonna be a nowcast event for us up here.. Im expecting a ton of sleet here. 

32 degress with moderate sleet here for the past hour since it begun. Binghamton has since dropped the watch this am for my area, and replaced it with an advisory for 3 to 5 inches of snow, sleet and even freezing rain. Which is far more reasonable imo. That 5 to 10 inch wsw, sure did seem skeptical to me. Not until you head into Central NY and far western portions of Nepa in the cwa, did they raise flags for a warning, and even there they lowered amounts from earlier thinking. Tricky forecast, but seems very reasonable on their end.

Archived