Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, snywx said:

Just an fyi BGM has no mention of snow in the p/c for areas in Sullivan county. Once again Upton is asleep behind the wheel. BGM has sleet accumulations of 2" for areas near and south of MSV

Here in ENY further to your north, we've had a sleet snow mix with mostly sleet. 31 degrees at the moment.

3 minutes ago, snywx said:

I wish the mesoscale analysis site gave us the ability to peek at temps between 700-850. They are prob torched!

What's interesting is KBGM is reporting freezing rain, with their airport near 1600-1700' asl.  Probably much closer to that warm layer at that elevation, while lower elevations up this way have more sleet.

Just now, Stash said:

What's interesting is KBGM is reporting freezing rain, with their airport near 1600-1700' asl.  Probably much closer to that warm layer at that elevation, while lower elevations up this way have more sleet.

Exactly.. I think people forget that when you have a mid level warm layer any elevation will increase your chances at ZR. Lower elevations usually do much better with "frozen" in these setups unless you have serious elevation i.e. 6000' +

Archived