Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

I mean, those are great looks and all, but will there be any cold on our side of the globe at all, even if we get all that beautiful H5 stuff?  If we don't recharge the source region, the only thing that blocking will do is jam up the mild Pacific air.

My thoughts exactly...

Maybe the mountains could score, but other than that there's just not enough cold air on our side of the planet to do anything with, even in a perfect setup.

That general look appears to hold on in to the foreseeable future.. towards the end of February. We can always hope for a killer March?!?

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

My thoughts exactly...

Maybe the mountains could score, but other than that there's just not enough cold air on our side of the planet to do anything with, even in a perfect setup.

That general look appears to hold on in to the foreseeable future.. towards the end of February. We can always hope for a killer March?!?

I know people will throw out exceptions but our prime time for winter storms ends after the first week of March. So we're going to need a favorable pattern change very soon if we're going to see another winter storm.

55 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

18z GFS , a big Rainer on the 16th! Looks like a cutter or OH valley runner! Maybe next winter!?

There is a glimmer of hope, massive cold pool in SE Canada ! Marvelous March 1960 incoming, if we could get that down here with the MOJO 8! :)

Feb 22nd... That's the ticket!

17 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Big snows and cold 

In the NE

Down here too. I was in 10th grade in 78. I do remember the cold and snow.

The meteorologist didn't have the equipment they have today but it seems they were better st forecasting than today. You have to wonder if ther is too much information. 

There was a meteorologist ,Frank Deal and he was pretty good at hitting storms. I remember back then they would forecast a low number then a lot of times the storm would over produce and they would have to up the totals. 

Archived