Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

11 minutes ago, Wow said:

We're still quite a bit out from this one but the setup looks enticing.  Regardless, for this to work the PNA ridge MUST be in place and the PV over SE Canada.  Got to have well established cold air in place.  That was our issue with the early Jan event for those S of 85

Exactly.  Completely agree.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

GFS showing potential on the 12th. Hour 360 still out in la la land. But something to look at 

Edit: I hate to go into detail 360 hours out but look at that High placement in the NE and the LP tracking just off the coast of the Carolinas. A thing of beauty 

image.png

I know it's 360, but the ugly stick on that map is the lakes low, CR's besty!

also, in case y'all are interested, Weatherbell is hiring, y'all can work with your hero! :)

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

I know it's 360, but the ugly stick on that map is the lakes low, CR's besty!

also, in case y'all are interested, Weatherbell is hiring, y'all can work with your hero! :)

If that setup occurred verbatim, the Lakes Low wouldn't be an issue.  The primary high in the NE has already well established a CAD scenario, and is linked with the other high center over AR.  I assume there isn't more frozen shown because the air temps may not be all that cold?  Can't tell from that map.  But the surface features are present and in locations that would produce a widespread, major winter storm, if there is an abundance of cold, dry air.

The Lakes Low is an issue when it interferes with an incoming high and CAA.  In this case, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Plus, it's way up in Canada.

General observation...it looks like the PV low in SE Canada wants to slip out to the east on us too quick.  We need more clipper type shortwaves feeding into that SE Canada trough in order to reinforce the cold suppressive flow.  Euro did that fairly well last night.  06z GFS was too slow to bring the next reinforcing shortwave into the PV low, so our storm cuts.  Low chances here but possible.

Just now, BIG FROSTY said:

FWIW-

euro over warmed for next weekend earlier in week. we said so. Now too cold, snow/ice event likely cent plains to ne not deep south/ma IMO

Of course not! Springs almost here! Times running out for new subscriptions! The Euro will be interesting

Archived