• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

What's not to love about 15:1?  That means that the .01 QPF that Raleigh will get should blossom into .15 inches of snow! Of course you have to adjust that downwards because of mixing issues at the outset.  And you might also have to adjust it downwards because of the inevitable dry slotting.  And I read some graffiti at a bus stop warning that warm ground temps and sun angle could also cut down on accumulations. But those ratios are IN PLAY!

• Haha 1

Just now, WarmNose said:

Charlotte looking progged for an inch. Someone tell QueenCity to get that account delete button lubed up 

Lol. All it takes is one flake if I recall correctly. Also poor Mack. Will smell the snow but will be able to keep posting. Bet he’s gets another day off of work though. 

Odds i I can get home from highlands Wednesday? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Lol. All it takes is one flake if I recall correctly. Also poor Mack. Will smell the snow but will be able to keep posting. Bet he’s gets another day off of work though. 

I live right up the street from Mack :( maybe he will smell my snow? :( 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Can guarantee I'll get another day off, got some kind of stomach bug kicking my butt

It really is remarkable - the German model's Wake County snow hole looks just like a territorial map of Western Europe at the height of the Battle of the Bulge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my hope for all snow lovers is this storm produces for everybody, i dont really care what any of the models say at this time, the real world is where this storm will happen.

25 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

We may have just lost the NAM. 

Despite better trends for some,  not helping mby. Maybe went from a trace to a dusting or half inch in Pickens county. Seriously? Doesn't matter which way it trends or what kind of a set up we have, Pickens, Oconee cannot buy a good snow. Now I may miss b/c I'm north of 85, and that happens much more than people around here remember. 

2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Despite better trends for some,  not helping mby. Maybe went from a trace to a dusting or half inch in Pickens county. Seriously? Doesn't matter which way it trends or what kind of a set up we have, Pickens, Oconee cannot buy a good snow. Now I may miss b/c I'm north of 85, and that happens much more than people around here remember. 

Yep. This is the year we get no snow and have to like it while everyone else cashed in 

14 minutes ago, Red1976Red said:

RDPS your on the list now. and just so u know i write these things down and dont forget for years! 

Neither do I B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, NCSU_Pi said:

Apparently someone told Ze Germans about the Wake County Snow Shield

It’s really ridiculous.  I know that everyone wants snow but I would think that most people here would take pity on those of us who live in the Wake County snow hole.  Ugh.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

It’s really ridiculous.  I know that everyone wants snow but I would think that most people here would take pity on those of us who live in the Wake County snow hole.  Ugh.

What? You live in North raleigh...no snow hole. That is offensive. I work in North raleigh and seen the half inch of snow at my house and 6 inches of snow in North raleigh...more than once.

• Like 1