• Member Statistics

    15,844
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo
    Joined
Jonathan

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Recommended Posts

What's not to love about 15:1?  That means that the .01 QPF that Raleigh will get should blossom into .15 inches of snow! Of course you have to adjust that downwards because of mixing issues at the outset.  And you might also have to adjust it downwards because of the inevitable dry slotting.  And I read some graffiti at a bus stop warning that warm ground temps and sun angle could also cut down on accumulations. But those ratios are IN PLAY!

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarmNose said:

Charlotte looking progged for an inch. Someone tell QueenCity to get that account delete button lubed up 

Lol. All it takes is one flake if I recall correctly. Also poor Mack. Will smell the snow but will be able to keep posting. Bet he’s gets another day off of work though. 

 

Odds i I can get home from highlands Wednesday? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Lol. All it takes is one flake if I recall correctly. Also poor Mack. Will smell the snow but will be able to keep posting. Bet he’s gets another day off of work though. 

 

Odds i I can get home from highlands Wednesday? 

I live right up the street from Mack :( maybe he will smell my snow? :( 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Lol. All it takes is one flake if I recall correctly. Also poor Mack. Will smell the snow but will be able to keep posting. Bet he’s gets another day off of work though. 

 

Odds i I can get home from highlands Wednesday? 

Can guarantee I'll get another day off, got some kind of stomach bug kicking my butt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is remarkable - the German model's Wake County snow hole looks just like a territorial map of Western Europe at the height of the Battle of the Bulge.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my hope for all snow lovers is this storm produces for everybody, i dont really care what any of the models say at this time, the real world is where this storm will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

We may have just lost the NAM. 

Despite better trends for some,  not helping mby. Maybe went from a trace to a dusting or half inch in Pickens county. Seriously? Doesn't matter which way it trends or what kind of a set up we have, Pickens, Oconee cannot buy a good snow. Now I may miss b/c I'm north of 85, and that happens much more than people around here remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Despite better trends for some,  not helping mby. Maybe went from a trace to a dusting or half inch in Pickens county. Seriously? Doesn't matter which way it trends or what kind of a set up we have, Pickens, Oconee cannot buy a good snow. Now I may miss b/c I'm north of 85, and that happens much more than people around here remember. 

Yep. This is the year we get no snow and have to like it while everyone else cashed in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Red1976Red said:

RDPS your on the list now. and just so u know i write these things down and dont forget for years! 

Neither do I B)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NCSU_Pi said:

 

Apparently someone told Ze Germans about the Wake County Snow Shield

It’s really ridiculous.  I know that everyone wants snow but I would think that most people here would take pity on those of us who live in the Wake County snow hole.  Ugh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

It’s really ridiculous.  I know that everyone wants snow but I would think that most people here would take pity on those of us who live in the Wake County snow hole.  Ugh.

What? You live in North raleigh...no snow hole. That is offensive. I work in North raleigh and seen the half inch of snow at my house and 6 inches of snow in North raleigh...more than once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.