Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 hour ago, No snow for you said:

I don't understand the panic. I believe we talked about this last year that the oceans were flipping and we would see a -PNA this year which would lead to a tough winter. We can see winter weather in this pattern but it makes it tougher. I believe we will see a similar pattern next winter as well before getting to a +PNA in the 18 19 winter. 

Btw I believe we will see the PNA move neutral to positive in late January into parts of February that will give us our best chances to see winter weather. 

Feb is certainly our best chance this year. The CAD areas could become very icy sometime in Feb.

3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Webberweather, is basically saying signs are pointing to a mild February 

Yeah I saw that on the other board. He is saying Feb would be very warm and wet just like 1990. I'd take that in a heartbeat. That month featured major flooding in parts of GA and AL and a severe weather outbreak  over much of the southeast.

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

We're losing the 5-8 threat, slowly, but surely! All rain through the 8th and just looks like a frontal passage, at the end of a runner!! It was fun while it lasted! Surely a 300 mile jog south, is only 6 hours away! :(

Not in this lifetime. :lol: 

Just wait, second half of JAN is gonna be LIT! :snowing:

This thread should be hot today after the latest run of the GFS. Everything stays to the west. I guess you could say both the 0z para and 6z GFS look a little interesting at day 16; but hasn't day 16 always looked interesting.

Day 10 and 11 have back to back systems for NC on the 6z. Just not cold enough. Had it been a smidge colder this forum would be off its rockers in the disco thread ready to cash in on their 12" totals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

Day 10 and 11 have back to back systems for NC on the 6z. Just not cold enough. Had it been a smidge colder this forum would be off its rockers in the disco thread ready to cash in on their 12" totals

Yep, that GL low seems to be the killer. Maybe that can turn in our favor in future runs. (also) The thing that can be upsetting is the day 16 of these run now takes us into mid January. We in the SE are now starting to lose prime winter storm time.

2 minutes ago, packbacker said:

EPS says we go back to conus warmth fairly quickly after the day 11-13 cold shot.  Cue the cliff jumping gifs...

IMG_3671.PNG

We need the PNA to go positive. Whatever cold air we (NA) have will continue to just dump to our west. I know the EPO can do wonders but its seems a positive PNA is a primary indice for the SE.

EPS says we go back to conus warmth fairly quickly after the day 11-13 cold shot.  Cue the cliff jumping gifs...

IMG_3671.PNG

Not surprising at all, I expect a warmup in mid Jan if we can't get sustained blocking which is hard to do. The next cold would have to be last week of Jan/early feb

11 minutes ago, Jon said:

Not surprising at all, I expect a warmup in mid Jan if we can't get sustained blocking which is hard to do. The next cold would have to be last week of Jan/early feb

Yep...transient cold shot or two in Jan.  Typical blah Nina.  Good news is Jan looks to be another AN month for RDU, would make it 8 in a row.  

Cool, what an ugly turnaround! January torch and now punting to February!! We should be used to waiting on Fab Feb now! But in a Nina, it's supposed to be toasty and summer starting in March!! Happy New Years to the SE!

Anyone punting to feb is an idiot