Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016/17 Drought & Fire Concerns

NWNC2015

13 minutes ago, GaStorm said:

The latest 7 day total shows even more area covered for higher totals. This should put a nice dent in the drought.

p168i.gif?1480352203

I'm lowering my expectation for rain over the next 2 days. Looking at some of the maps, I think we will have between 1 and 2 inches through Wed. Areas of NW and W GA will see more.  As long as I see 1" of rain thru Wed I will be happy.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I'm lowering my expectation for rain over the next 2 days. Looking at some of the maps, I think we will have between 1 and 2 inches through Wed. Areas of NW and W GA will see more.  As long as I see 1" of rain thru Wed I will be happy.

Probably a good thing to lower expectations but at least the mountains get the bulk of it to put out fires and have runoff for lakes and rivers.

5 minutes ago, NWNC2015 said:

Bust. Sprinkles at best so far and radar is weakening for western NC. Lowering my expectations down to half an inch in through tomorrow if something else can redevelop and train over very dry surface conditions. 

Bust is an understatement.. You're a very weird person.

1 hour ago, whamby said:

Hopefully the fire crews can help them get to the aquarium today.

This is so sad.  I've been visiting there all my life.  It sounds like they were able to save downtown, at least.  But I suspect a lot of home and cabin owners are at a loss.  Hopefully everyone heeded the evacuation orders.  Buildings can be rebuilt.

22 minutes ago, CherokeeGA said:

This is so sad.  I've been visiting there all my life.  It sounds like they were able to save downtown, at least.  But I suspect a lot of home and cabin owners are at a loss.  Hopefully everyone heeded the evacuation orders.  Buildings can be rebuilt.

IF downtown didn't burn that is a huge plus........at least the local economy wont be crushed.....

2 hours ago, CherokeeGA said:

It is said there NO WARNING to evacuate.. it spread so fast?

Here is a video of Westgate Resort burning, my family has ( had) a timeshare there for a week every year, its been a few since we took it, but had planned to go this spring.....crazy that its all gone, was a huge complex. I am also worried that folks at the more remote cabins might have got trapped as the roads are a mess and many of these locations only have one way in and out....the upside is its not exactly the heart of tourist season up there and a lot of those type places are vacation homes.....still I will be shocked if after its all said and done no one died.

here is a video to maybe help giver some perspective to what your looking at 

Archived