Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
Ginx snewx

Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why should we use the Euro when it's performed awful on  this thing?

It has?  I didn't realize the storm has already happened.

Its almost as if you make up your mind 5 days out and then run with the model that fits that vision, even if using a different model every 6 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It has?  I didn't realize the storm has already happened.

Its almost as if you make up your mind 5 days out and then run with the model that fits that vision, even if using a different model every 6 hours.

 

There was a time back in like '07-'08 or '08-'09 winters when he deferred to mets and other experts...those days seem like a long long time ago....lol. Now it's just scour twitter or any other piece of social media that remotely fits the preconceived idea and use it as proof that your idea is verifying or is going to verify. It's the absolute perfect example of confirmation bias....probably not a good thing in the sciences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does have potential to overachieve in snow if the upslope and deformation signal really line up for a few hrs. That's how you get one of those narrow bands that can drop unexpected SHSN really far to the south. Sometimes those def zones can outstand the downslope off the berks and bring flakes to ORH hills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoastalWx said:

It does have potential to overachieve in snow if the upslope and deformation signal really line up for a few hrs. That's how you get one of those narrow bands that can drop unexpected SHSN really far to the south. Sometimes those def zones can outstand the downslope off the berks and bring flakes to ORH hills. 

The mid-level signature looks nice...when that teams up with upslope you can get some fun stuff for a few hours...I could def see even the west slope of Berkshires getting a surprise 3-6" as long as it is cold enough in that lowest 2000 feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It has?  I didn't realize the storm has already happened.

Its almost as if you make up your mind 5 days out and then run with the model that fits that vision, even if using a different model every 6 hours.

Sounds just like you all of last winter. It's as if you are the pot calling the kettle black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

At the heavy rain sliding to my east? It does look like it's pouring out to the east

yep and that sure as hell doesn't match up with the map you posted or your beloved GFS. The axis of heaviest rain in these situations is absurdely difficult for modeling to pick up. You are definetly Central CT and very close to death valley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ginx snewx said:

yep and that sure as hell doesn't match up with the map you posted or your beloved GFS. The axis of heaviest rain in these situations is absurdely difficult for modeling to pick up. 

Another 1-2" for your area. You have the rain magnet for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Another 1-2" for your area. You have the rain magnet for sure

the plume is actually west of me, IJD jack although that stuff in LI looks like it wants to pivot up your way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

the plume is actually west of me, IJD jack although that stuff in LI looks like it wants to pivot up your way

It's possible..though it seems that stuff east of here is robbing moisture to west

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sounds just like you all of last winter. It's as if you are the pot calling the kettle black

Fair enough, worst winter on record in at least 60 years seemed like the time to do it.

With you its whatever your latest fetish is... if you are in drought mode, find the model with no rain.  If you are in snow mode, find the snowiest one.  If you are in wind mode, find the model with the highest winds.  Heat mode, cold mode, flooding, ice, etc.  You name it and you'll toss the models that don't show it.  Its ok to admit though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fair enough, worst winter on record in at least 60 years seemed like the time to do it.

With you its whatever your latest fetish is... if you are in drought mode, find the model with no rain.  If you are in snow mode, find the snowiest one.  If you are in wind mode, find the model with the highest winds.  Heat mode, cold mode, flooding, ice, etc.  You name it and you'll toss the models that don't show it.  Its ok to admit though.

And generally it's the right idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

And generally it's the right idea 

I'll agree to some extend...there is something for persistence.  Sooner or later it catches up but some seasons like last winter it never does.  This summer your drought persistence has worked out well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Nice steady rain the past 2 days-- 1.6" and counting

Maybe some more and then some possible flakes..nice to see some interesting weather returning.

I think your area might be sneaky snowy on the west slopes down there.  I bet you see some flakes.  Models are pretty robust with upslope straight down into the Berkshires.  Just depends on how cold it can get.  The west slope where you are might get some help from upslope cooling processes too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fair enough, worst winter on record in at least 60 years seemed like the time to do it.

With you its whatever your latest fetish is... if you are in drought mode, find the model with no rain.  If you are in snow mode, find the snowiest one.  If you are in wind mode, find the model with the highest winds.  Heat mode, cold mode, flooding, ice, etc.  You name it and you'll toss the models that don't show it.  Its ok to admit though.

You hit the nail on the head perfectly!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E CT up through ORH is gonna get crushed over the next couple hours. Good chunk of RI too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

E CT up through ORH is gonna get crushed over the next couple hours. Good chunk of RI too.

Is that the bulk of the acitivity? Seems like everything is siding west of what it looked like not to long ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

E CT up through ORH is gonna get crushed over the next couple hours. Good chunk of RI too.

That's some efficient rain too. Gonna be some Ginxy faces raised to the sky if that keeps up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Is that the bulk of the acitivity? Seems like everything is siding west of what it looked like not to long ago 

Some of the models were west too. These bands are tough to predict. There is more off to the south with some convection so it may move into your area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about weather stations , what would cause my temp to plummet way lower than the actual temp on clear nights .  My temp and dew points were way out of wack and reading in the teens .   As soon as morning came it adjusted itself to normal temp which was about 50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all hi res did nice with this when globals were too dry with this meso area of +RA. They were further west with 850 LL into SNE which is key to get the lift and heavy rain. That's why I mentioned the second max in SNE and that will extend into NH and ME as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×