• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Ginx snewx

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Kind of looks like the 495-ORH-Ginx band in the Jan 2015 blizzard...maybe slightly displaced west...that's really intense stuff:

Oct21_545pm_Radar.gif

pretty classic 'heavier than rad' too - just was blinded driving in town up here where it's early yellows

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Not really. Some models had it there despite the drought cries from NE CT. These are mesoscale bands that are tough to predict. 

since i've off and onned forum social media going back 10 years or so that is one undying, relentless behavior that never goes away: trophy foisting when the race just begins... 

obviously - right?  ..that band isn't going to only rain in that axis.. at least no one can guarantee that.  

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

since i've off and onned forum social media going back 10 years or so that is one undying, relentless behavior that never goes away: trophy foisting when the race just begins... 

obviously - right?  ..that band isn't going to only rain in that axis.. at least no one can guarantee that.  

That may be the main show, but stuff may fill in and develop offshore too as the LLJ approaches and things gradually shift NE at the same time.  

1 hour ago, rgwp96 said:

I have a question about weather stations , what would cause my temp to plummet way lower than the actual temp on clear nights .  My temp and dew points were way out of wack and reading in the teens .   As soon as morning came it adjusted itself to normal temp which was about 50

I'll respond to you in banter...

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep this is efficient stuff. Sultan Signal flying for those caught under that band. 

Just fun to have some interesting synoptic weather again.  Not out of the ordinary for later October, but fun system with heavy rain threats, warmth and humidity on the front side, cold and windy on the backside, a mountain snow threat, etc.

Little bit of everything with this system, and a real nice change of pace from the past 4-5 months.

Archived