Newest Member
    joxey
October 2016 Discussion/Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

How could you stop already...what about the leaves....we have 4-5 cuts for half our lawns and the rest about 3

My guy does the leaves separate in Mid November once all of them are down.  In a normal year he cuts till 11/10, but everything is so parched right now, doesnt make sense to mow and blow dead grass and dust.

38 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

How could you stop already...what about the leaves....we have 4-5 cuts for half our lawns and the rest about 3

I just cut blow and go on a few of the lawns I do. They are not full service lawns. They don't pay me to pick up the leaves. So I'm not going to do it for free the entire month of November 

2 hours ago, Allsnow said:

I just cut blow and go on a few of the lawns I do. They are not full service lawns. They don't pay me to pick up the leaves. So I'm not going to do it for free the entire month of November 

If it's not full service then all you are there to do is the grass. Maintenance is horrible. 

Nice cool oil breeze in the city right now. Speaking of leaves some of the ginkos here are dropping all their leaves while still green. Usually they turn bright yellow. Definitely a bad sign 

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The latest Euro weeklies are out. Warm start to November with a shift mid month to a cooler -EPO/-AO pattern.

May take a while for the colder temps to filter in since NOAM is so warm to start November.

-AO / -EPO..Chris they are playing our song .

However I am buying more of a flip at the start of December not mid November .

Sometimes the guidance is a little too quick and there's usually some hangover. 

28 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Pretty decent band of moderate to heavy rain moving up the Jersey shore this morning, should affect the city and portions of NE NJ

The mesos had that narrow feature. Almost looks like a PRE with the low off the SE Coast interacting with the front.

It's to my west and now the sun just came out here in SW Suffolk. Looks like the last of the extreme warmth with another

day starting out near 70 degrees.

Archived