Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Hermine Impacts

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i call this .... The calm before the Storm ... No way will she just shoot east and cause little to no issues . She has been around since mid Aug with no one knowing her exact track . Shes going to surprise everyone and dip east turn and shoot north and just blow up ..... Lol one can wish ... 

1 minute ago, Sportybx said:

i call this .... The calm before the Storm ... No way will she just shoot east and cause little to no issues . She has been around since mid Aug with no one knowing her exact track . Shes going to surprise everyone and dip east turn and shoot north and just blow up ..... Lol one can wish ... 

All she's gonna do is upwell colder water and ruin any winter bombogenesis. :)

3 minutes ago, weatherfanatic said:

We just finished having Hermine go over our city, in NE FL.  Not a big deal.  Really. 

Even some relatives who live in a trailer park are fine, no damage, no flooding.  Just loud winds around 4:30 am, and a few small branches falling down.

Very minimal impact here. 

NE florida was never supposed to have any impact other than rain and strong but completely reasonable winds.  you aren't on the surge side for this storm and what occurred down there has very little to do with what will happen with the storm up here, whether it misses wide or not.  If there was no potential for storm surge, we wouldn't be discussing this at such length, as the winds won't be severe enough for any sort of structural damage.  This is not that kind of storm.  Duration and the subsequent coastal flooding and beach erosion will be what makes this storm memorable if it takes the track suggested by the more aggressive models.

8 minutes ago, weatherfanatic said:

We just finished having Hermine go over our city, in NE FL.  Not a big deal.  Really. 

Even some relatives who live in a trailer park are fine, no damage, no flooding.  Just loud winds around 4:30 am, and a few small branches falling down.

Very minimal impact here. 

It's going to be a completely different animal up here. You were dealing with a weakening TC over land. That's not what's going to occur up here. 

7 minutes ago, Bacon Strips said:

since Hermine's current position ( satellite)  favors the Euro.   and a mostly easterly track all day so far.

it would only make sense if NAM and GFS were further east at 0z.   Considering they capture the correct current position of the Hermine.

btw, 18z GFS trended towards NAM. 

I guess the Euro had the right idea after all although I still think it took the storm too far east. 

5 minutes ago, Animal said:

Dude the euro performed poorly. Had landfall the past few days into coastal de/md.  

This new Euro still concerns me.  We didn't get a great look at it last winter since it came on late.  However, it had and has on occasion the last few months still had progressive/suppression biases at times with storm systems just about everywhere in the US and it's more prone to wild swings from run to run than the old Euro was.  In this case I think just about  any idea NAM GFS CMC Euro or UKMET may verify but I'll be intrigued if the Euro is once again too far southeast 

5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This new Euro still concerns me.  We didn't get a great look at it last winter since it came on late.  However, it had and has on occasion the last few months still had progressive/suppression biases at times with storm systems just about everywhere in the US and it's more prone to wild swings from run to run than the old Euro was.  In this case I think just about  any idea NAM GFS CMC Euro or UKMET may verify but I'll be intrigued if the Euro is once again too far southeast 

Dude the new euro has/is poor in the northeast with winter storms. Sure a flower blooms in the spring too.

Imop the gfs model has performed well.this storm locally.

17 minutes ago, Animal said:

Dude the euro performed poorly. Had landfall the past few days into coastal de/md.  

This.

The Euro gets no points for bending this back W for 4 days only to lose it 24 hours out. 

(If that ends up being the final track) .

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived