Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2016-17 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Conditions at Bretton Woods today were incredible. I was talking to a guy on a chair who was commenting how it's as good as any day in colorado. I'm sure the upcoming crowds will take care of that though!

I assume bretton woods has better terrain than wildcat? Looking at wildcat trail map and thinking we'll be bored within couple hours.

37 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I assume bretton woods has better terrain than wildcat? Looking at wildcat trail map and thinking we'll be bored within couple hours.

Wildcat has much tougher terrain...but not sure of that means "better" in your book. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wildcat has much tougher terrain...but not sure of that means "better" in your book. 

Hit some waist deep pockets, didn't mean to lol but blew through it like butter. Wildcat is a workout and bumped up big time.  I saw at least a 15 mile traffic jam on 93 north last night.  Last thing I would be doing this weekend is skiing.

Hit some waist deep pockets, didn't mean to lol but blew through it like butter. Wildcat is a workout and bumped up big time.  I saw at least a 15 mile traffic jam on 93 north last night.  Last thing I would be doing this weekend is skiing.

This is why I was lucky to be able to go yesterday.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I heard several people out at dinner last night talking about going north. I have to imagine it was a sh*tshow on 93. 

Best packed powder conditions I've ever skied in the East this morning.  No wind last night to move snow around, sunny skies this morning, and a quick warm up into the 20s all contributed to true multiple inch deep buttery packed powder on everything I've skied so far.  

This weather couldn't be more perfect for the holiday crowds.

Wow!! Magic is sick! Ill let you guys in on a secret just don't tell the whole world. The place is empty today and skiing/ridding like a dream. Some insane terrain that I'll pass on but plenty of solid stuff as well. And you get to ride one of two (yes they got their second lift working just in time for today) that will bring back sweet memories of child hood   

Had a blast at Plattekill today. First time there. It was one of their busiest days of the year. Longest lift line was 3 minutes. Lots of great steep terrain with nice soft bumps. Trails can't get crowded. Every chairlift was full and trails were almost empty. They claimed 49" of snow this week. Didn't seem like that much but coverage was great. All trails were open, including natural snow trails. Great place to go to avoid holiday crowds. Sunny and 50F. Beer on the deck. Perfect day.

Can't get the darn pics to show up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4bd5cc40da89313a024707ab6c92d074.jpg

f5da7fb84a73e2f9396f29b3f318258c.jpgd4d0652a8cdb7f26c155d65909b5bdce.jpg

Killington was fun today with very mild temps and soft trails. Got on the slopes early and quit around 1pm as it was very crowded. Once my little canyon secret was out I worked my way back to the condo. It was a blast from about 8am until 11:30 then all the "heroes" showed up. Lol

i spent the afternoon snowshoeing the breadloaf wilderness area almost until dark. Funny how I was so close to Middlebury ski bowl. My daughter applied there and is waiting to hear. It's her one reach school. 

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mammoth has 61 inches w/e in its snow pack

Jesus christ.

I was impressed with around 20" here as of last Wednesday.... Can't imagine three times that amount.  How do you even sample that!?

That's more than the annual average precipitation of most of New England outside the high peaks, and its not like we live in an arid climate.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Jesus christ.

I was impressed with around 20" here as of last Wednesday.... Can't imagine three times that amount.  How do you even sample that!?

That's more than the annual average precipitation of most of New England outside the high peaks, and its not like we live in an arid climate.

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com

Forecast is for up to 6 feet this week 

Archived