Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday Soaking

CT Rain

22 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's a little bit of chatter from SPC about the sunrise surprise potential tomorrow. 

it was either last summer or the summer before... but we had dark based, giant jungle drops low LCL morning as TCU whip by in 72+ DPs in the 8am range out here in metro west.  they matured more and went on to produce an E1 or naut tor closer to the coast.... 

is that the type of set/scenario in mind? 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it was either last summer or the summer before... but we had dark based, giant jungle drops low LCL morning as TCU whip by in 72+ DPs in the 8am range out here in metro west.  they matured more and went on to produce an E1 or naut tor closer to the coast.... 

Yeah, I mean you have a moist air mass in place already, but along the warm front should be 70s dewpoints. You'll have NE winds along the south coast, so plenty of helicity. Even a little bit of instability will go a long way to providing potential for a quick spin up. A la Revere or the several Brooklyn tornadoes.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, I mean you have a moist air mass in place already, but along the warm front should be 70s dewpoints. You'll have NE winds along the south coast, so plenty of helicity. Even a little bit of instability will go a long way to providing potential for a quick spin up. A la Revere or the several Brooklyn tornadoes.

I don't think the threat makes it into SNE but it's close.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

right - it does appear similar in that regard. ...i think if some how the wfront is more diffused and/or NW of thinking would also contribute to that...

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You are referring to the Revere tornado? Because that was where my mind immediately went with this setup. I glimpsed that thing from my office window on State Street ever so briefly.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It had 4.2 HFD/ BDL yesterday to now well under .5

one more south shift and it's just scattered showers. Pattern persistence 

dude, are you really doing this on purpose, or are you actually having trouble comprehending this -  there is no pattern persistence about this ordeal for tomorrow - that's the whole f point.  

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. Everything goes way south and they issue that. Embarrassing when tomorrow everyone's like .. Where's the rain ?

You know better than that. It's issued on potential. Where it rains, it may rain a lot.

Plus with the damaging drought we've been hearing so much about, the dry, hard pan ground won't absorb any water. 

i'm actually kind of amazed at the great effort the atmosphere is implementing to pull of banality here in SNE...  yeah, we've gotten some heat lately, and the convection was okay ... but, here... it's 90 F + everywhere and we're not getting anything from tomorrow N of the S.C....  - if that pulls off,  that's pretty awesome... 

from 50,000 feet that seems this can't break without more fan fare but... heh.  that's really Kevin's pattern - has nothing to do with the weather, but the weather avoiding SNE.  fascinating - haha

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

You know better than that. It's issued on potential. Where it rains, it may rain a lot.

Plus with the damaging drought we've been hearing so much about, the dry, hard pan ground won't absorb any water. 

No ... he doesn't (apparently)

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i'm actually kind of amazed at the great effort the atmosphere is implementing to pull of banality here in SNE...  yeah, we've gotten some heat lately, and the convection was okay ... but, here... it's 90 F + everywhere and we're not getting anything from tomorrow N of the S.C....  - that's pretty awesome... 

form 50,000 feet that seems it can't break without more fan fare but... heh.  that's really Kevin's pattern - has nothing to do with the weather, but the weather avoiding SNE.  fascinating - haha

You know better than that. Pattern persistence is the way to forecast each of these events.. Which is s south trend the last 36 hours. It's happened every freaking time we've seen events like this modeled the last 4 months . Something is causing this. Who knows what.. But it sucks 

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You know better than that. Pattern persistence is the way to forecast each of these events.. Which is s south trend the last 36 hours. It's happened every freaking time we've seen events like this modeled the last 4 months . Something is causing this. Who knows what.. But it sucks 

RGEM

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You also don't know how NWP works. 

There's the potential for heavy rain tomorrow - especially in S CT. Flash Flood Watch is a good call IMO. 

Archived