• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NNE Summer 2016

MaineJayhawk

Isn't your Davis on your house? Could the rain gauge be sheltered a bit? All of the totals up there seemed to be over a half inch.

Getting some -RA at home again, but it looks like it's going to crap out as it's just getting here...the convection looks better toward CON.

Brian,  Well we just picked up an additional quick .13" in the Stratus.  Last night I had .35" in the Stratus and .29" in the Davis.  The Davis is up on the roof and is a pain to get up to and clean out so might have some debris in it. Here is a picture of the Stratus. It is in an open area. You are looking south in this picture.

post-268-0-64178900-1467217173_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian,  Well we just picked up an additional quick .13" in the Stratus.  Last night I had .35" in the Stratus and .29" in the Davis.  The Davis is up on the roof and is a pain to get up to and clean out so might have some debris in it. Here is a picture of the Stratus. It is in an open area. You are looking south in this picture.

Gotchya.

I actually had 0.55" in both the Stratus and Davis today.

what a great back yard and view. Never saw it from the deck perspective.

what a great back yard and view. Never saw it from the deck perspective.

Thanks,  its a sweet spot.  We own 15 acres and the view is protected so no one can build below us. Only wish I had is out view is to the SW and not the NW.  So I can't see storms coming from that direction since its uphill with the tree line. Its nice when the pond is filled since there is lots of ducks and wildlife around it.  

One ultra-close strike in the woods behind me.  Gust to 35mph.  Peak rain rate of 10.29"/hr which I'm pretty sure is a new station record for me.

I spent this evening rigging up a DSLR to my computer so I could enjoy the storm instead of trying to capture lightning.  This storm really sucked as far as lightning goes... very little cloud to ground.  Of the 200+ photos automatically snapped, only one captured anything.

post-18-0-15674600-1467423535_thumb.jpg

One ultra-close strike in the woods behind me. Gust to 35mph. Peak rain rate of 10.29"/hr which I'm pretty sure is a new station record for me.

I spent this evening rigging up a DSLR to my computer so I could enjoy the storm instead of trying to capture lightning. This storm really sucked as far as lightning goes... very little cloud to ground. Of the 200+ photos automatically snapped, only one captured anything.

IMG_5007.JPG

Rain was heavy but nothing China flooding like.

Archived