joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost certain that NYC will receive less rain and wind from Hermine than what we received from yesterday's showers.

I don't think all the hype is warranted. You have an overwhelming majority of the tropical models whiffing this OTS and the only global that is even remotely ominous is the Canadian.

The models are genuinely accurate under 48 hours; so I am baffled as to why folks say that this is a 'very uncertain' situation.

Ocean temps offshore are really tanking too, down to only 77 degrees compared to 84 a couple of weeks ago. Therefore, you can all bank on Hermine being the last 'threat' of the season for us due to the massive upwelling of the seas by this wasteful storm.

Also, it is beyond inconceivable that many people in here did not learn their lessons with Joaquin from last year and went for the bait again. This synoptic setup is very similar to that one so the writing was on the wall several days ago.

10 hours ago, Pamela said:

I am actually rather diminutive nowadays; but your salutations are still very much appreciated.

I spent some time with Minnie & Roman over the summer; they asked about you frequently...

Its funny you bring them up, I was just having a discussion with  my customer Rosemary, she and her husband just moved here to the sticks from Manhattan and her doctor had recomended she start taking tannis root to help her along in her pregnancy. Unfortunately she found all the health food stores did not have it in stock so I recommended she get in touch with Minnie and Roman ASAP

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

lol. Like the Kapernick thread he will make 30 posts on how he dosent care that we care lol

He is a member at 25 different weather sites and he posts at every single one of them the same thing. He is like a robot 

:lmao:  Have to say it, but I love your sense of humor.

9 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I'll be down in Freeport watching the surge as I do with every major flooding event.  

Sandy's + wind was the most extreme weather I've ever personally witnessed.   This will most likely be really bad but I don't expect it to be "Sandy-like" at all.

NE winds. Go to Oyster Bay or west on north shore.

Just now, Pamela said:

The programming on Channel 25 WNYC is not what it use to be...

They have a whole hour devoted to weird French singers. I miss the good ole days of Brian Lehrer, Leonard Lopate, and Robert Krulwich. Oh wait, they're actually better than ever, and I'm just an ***hole who posts dumb gifs once in a while. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived