joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Pattern Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or you could look at monthly guidance and see all of them torching the last 1/3 of the month. That's another way to view it. And this time it lasts most of the rest of the summer

Is this the same guidance that indicated stormier and colder weather on the horizon the past winter?  The same ones that had 80s from mid-March onward?

Or you could look at monthly guidance and see all of them torching the last 1/3 of the month. That's another way to view it. And this time it lasts most of the rest of the summer

Tamarack posted this in the NNE thread, but time to uninstall.

.LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY/...

Overall expecting temperatures to be near or below normal right

through the middle of next week. High temperatures in the 60s and

70s with dewpoints in the 40s and 50s should keep many air

conditioners from appearing in windows for at least one more

week.

week.

Lol. Oceanstate must have written that.

Yes it will probably be warmer the last 10 days of the month , could have some hot days mixed in as well but it could also be transient and overall it is not torch signal for the month. Maybe July will work out better.

Climo would argue that the last 10 days of the month will be the hottest as the base state anyway, haha.

Its always funny watching DIT completely ignore any time frame that's not +20C H85 over us... its not even June 1st and already focused on hyping up the last 1/3rd of the month.

If the first half of the month is anything like today, sign me up.

78/43 type stuff is what dreams are made of if you actually like being active outdoors.  90/72 is nice if you either have a pool to lay by all day, or enjoy watching the Davis console from your air conditioned house.

post-352-0-19521500-1464730314_thumb.jpg

week.

Glad we don't live there

Global indicators and analogs favored June as the coolest month of the meteorological summer relative to normal (though I doubt cooler than avg) . So the progged pattern isn't too surprising; however, I would be very surprised if July and/or August are at or below normal. High AAM / GWO / residual high latitude blocking supports troughiness for the first half of the month. I think June 20-30 likely turns turns hot relative to normal (possibly slightly earlier, but I'd say definitely by late month). Nino state still intact atmospherically although we have collapsed in terms of SST's. That should change by July. The weeklies have been fairly consistent in depicting with the aforementioned alterations of the mean circulation by late June.

Global indicators and analogs favored June as the coolest month of the meteorological summer relative to normal (though I doubt cooler than avg) . So the progged pattern isn't too surprising; however, I would be very surprised if July and/or August are at or below normal. High AAM / GWO / residual high latitude blocking supports troughiness for the first half of the month. I think June 20-30 likely turns turns hot relative to normal (possibly slightly earlier, but I'd say definitely by late month). Nino state still intact atmospherically although we have collapsed in terms of SST's. That should change by July. The weeklies have been fairly consistent in depicting with the aforementioned alterations of the mean circulation by late June.

Agreed. Those thinking a cool summer is on the way because the first 10-14 days of June are a bit BN, are going to have hearts broken. From what I see the last 10 days or so of the month are going to be well AN. The difference this time is we lose the blocking we've seen after the last few torch ups.. So we are left with a torrid July and very humid August, instead of a transient torch

CDC teleconnector layout has changed markedly over the last two night's worth of derivatives... It's completely sans the previous cooler look in lieu of a warmer one.  

In fact, the combination of a -2 SD PNA with limited spread among the individual members, combined with a total +3 SD correction in the NAO, together signal burgeoning middle latitude ridging over eastern North America.  

CPC is also suggestive, but not quite with the same panache.  Nevertheless, their derivative are also showing "reasonably" well grouped members around a neutralizing NAO and dropping PNA to or perhaps less than 0 heading toward mid month. 

The signal is too new to really hang hats on with lots of confidence.  The operational runs are tapping into it though. The lesser dependable guidance types really have an intense SW Heat Release with fiery plateau cooked air ...well mixed and ejected through the Plains and into the southern Lakes.  The GGEM actually brings this released plume(s) as far NE as New England, with +20 to +22 C 850 mb dragon tongue into the region in its extended.   

Contrasting, the Euro has this ejection of air mass, but it shunts it S into the MA by classic Canadian Marine troughing directing NE mid level vectors SE in its extended.   I don't personally trust with the GFS handling of the "N-stream".  It seems to fabricate, for any reason in any warm season, beyond D 5 . It has a pretty clear bias to over develop polar influence/reduce and erode subtropical ridging latitude extension around the hemisphere that I've noticed. Others may not share in that observation, but it blew it on the last low impactor warm spell until it was right on it, and it noticed prior to that how the model was going crazy with the N stream.

Heh, so for now... I think the signal is certainly there for heat in the middle/late month, but we need time to gain confidence there.  

Archived