Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE Tropical Weather Discussion - Hurricanes

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys and tropical systems...

In retrospect looking back living there. Anything's possible but I can say this unequivocally. Wanting a tropical system in New England is like me presently wanting a snowstorm.

Hermine has the potential to do some damage in and around my area. I kind of like the drifting track to the west. Maybe I'll be spared as in keeping power. Two ULL influencing the depression, the one over TX moves South and the Eastcoast entity moves out to the Northeast. Path of least resistance. Concerning is the fact I'll be in the RFQ of an intensify cyclone. New England has a chance of getting hit weekend, early next week, models have a big block to the east developing a sharper trough.

Come to think of it I'll get a TS and you folks will get a Hurricane. LOL

25 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I think if TD9 reaches category three intensity east of the Cape Hatteras area I think it could hit Cape Cod with strong to intense hurricane force winds, up to 100mph.

USCAPE   remember that when a storm reaches our latitude the high winds are to the right of the eye.  The storm has to really be moving north rapidly to maintain strength. If this storm comes NE and retrogrades back towards us it will be in a very weakened fashion.  I can't see this being a Cat 3 up at Hatteras latitude.  It is progged to hug the coast.  If it was far enough east to really get much of its circulation over the Gulf Stream it would then be too far OTS to hook back.  With this kind of setup I would say it is near impossible to have any New England reporting station coming in with a wind even approaching 100mph.  Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Some can wish-cast better then others.  10-20% chance of a graze...oh-oh better go buy the TP before the store "runs" out.

I have a new found respect for the tropics looking down the barrel.

Yeah, you could be in for some "fun" at your new place.  Hopefully nothing devastating.

59 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

You guys and tropical systems...

In retrospect looking back living there. Anything's possible but I can say this unequivocally. Wanting a tropical system in New England is like me presently wanting a snowstorm.

Hermine has the potential to do some damage in and around my area. I kind of like the drifting track to the west. Maybe I'll be spared as in keeping power. Two ULL influencing the depression, the one over TX moves South and the Eastcoast entity moves out to the Northeast. Path of least resistance. Concerning is the fact I'll be in the RFQ of an intensify cyclone. New England has a chance of getting hit weekend, early next week, models have a big block to the east developing a sharper trough.

Come to think of it I'll get a TS and you folks will get a Hurricane. LOL

I still stand by my position that being a tropical weenie in SNE is less masochistic than chasing our fabled 'severe' season. 

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Massive eruption of cold cloud tops over the LLC and MLC aligning themselves in TD9, rapid intensification likely from now until landfall over Florida.  Roosta be prepared for as much as a category three hurricane for landfall.

I respectfully disagree. Low end CAT1 max given the dynamics. That eruption is a normal function of the diurnal cycle. Intensity is the least know, predicted phenomena. I'm liking the continued drift tracking W. I'd like a direct hit if I where chasing and it wasn't my homestead. 

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

what town are you in again 

Abreast of Dayton Beach about 20 miles to the W

Exact location via WU

KFLALTOO3

17 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Dynamics are allowing around 36-48 hours of straight intensification, how in the world can it not get to a category two or three hurricane.  Best be prepared to deal with one if you don't believe its possible.  Better to be prepared than wishing you were at the last second.

We shall see. The 10" logs are sturdy and anchored, have a 4' crawl space to avoid flooding. SOLID!

All stocked just me and the dog. If it really takes off tomorrow I'll still have time for a plywood run.(highly unlikely) Maybe I'll luck out and get nailed ripping off the shingled roof and get it replace with metal. 

Archived