Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
SNE Tropical Weather Discussion - Hurricanes

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have an idea...   how about converting the title of this thread to something like, 'Tropical Season 2016 SNE' and then we use it for that purpose? 

it's eye rollin' a bit, sure , but contrary to that sarcasm we actually do have concerns/seasonal interests in this area of the country.  

also, several ensemble members develop the current impressive TW that's emerged off Africa and hi res imagery/loop from CIMs denotes quite a strong circulation already.  it's up to 40% in 5 days... which isn't too shabby considering it's all of 100 naut miles from shore. 

if there's already an SNE trop. thread perhaps it just needs a bump  - couldn't find one.

We now have two concurrent CV invests in play...  96L, at 10/20, is a bit further S and is older by a day/day and a half.  CIMs hi res vis imagery really denotes a well defined circulation that is centroid/non having multi-whirl contention.  not sure what the ambient pressures are out there, but current shear products and as well as SAL monitoring are indicating that those particular factors are not presently mitigating.  it would not be surprising to me if that one is TDed at some point soon. 

97L ~ 15/35 is new to the party .. I saw that come off the coast three days ago.  before hand it toted along quite the MCS in the intra-continental itcz there and wondered...  

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

Euro was interesting at hr168 then kind of lost it

i'd say the D10 synoptic chart offers a prone scenario for the EC in general with THAT look.  geshus - 

but, there's just one small problem - there's nothing there to get caught up in that flow.  otherwise that'd be a nice solid media maker -

17 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i'd say the D10 synoptic chart offers a prone scenario for the EC in general with THAT look.  geshus - 

but, there's just one small problem - there's nothing there to get caught up in that flow.  otherwise that'd be a nice solid media maker -

Ec 96l has a 20 percent chance of development off the east coast now...

15 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Ec 96l has a 20 percent chance of development off the east coast now...

heh, may not be in the time frame i had in mind.  not sure that 'look' still exists across recent cycles either.  

but, who's to say it won't be worth while to track either way -

There has a persistent blob of convection that is NE of the lower Bahamas.  It's been moving NW.  NHC gives it a 20% of development in the next 48 hours as it moves NW then N.  Any thoughts as to what happens to it?  Would be nice to see it continue to develop and move close enough to get some moisture up here.  Thoughts?

Edit.  Since I posted the NWS says development if any will be less likely as it moves NW.  Looks pretty good on afternoon visible. 

22 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Actually the wind shear analysis maps show shear dropping significantly instead of increasing, so why does the NHC think it will be less likely to develop?

I'm no Met and there is no discussion on AMWX in the general tropical thread.  NHC seems very unimpressed with the 2pm update. So no one seems impressed or to be following it.  Just looks really good from a layman's point of view on the visible.   With a Bermuda high developing wouldn't anything that is there come around the ridge and up towards us?   It would be great if it's moisture could be brought up in the flow ahead of the cold front that will be just to our north late week/weekend.  Add to that the moisture from the Florida system perhaps finally a setup for a good rains for us?  

6 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

There has a persistent blob of convection that is NE of the lower Bahamas.  It's been moving NW.  NHC gives it a 20% of development in the next 48 hours as it moves NW then N.  Any thoughts as to what happens to it?  Would be nice to see it continue to develop and move close enough to get some moisture up here.  Thoughts?

Edit.  Since I posted the NWS says development if any will be less likely as it moves NW.  Looks pretty good on afternoon visible. 

It's got a nice circulation on satellite and healthy convection. It looks interesting to my weenie eye, but then I know relatively little about tropical genesis. Best to trust the pros I guess.

GFS hinting at tropical development towards the end of an old frontal boundary towards the 20th of AUG.  A large trough then amplifies the flow from south to north along the coastline and could potentially impact SNE with a tropical cyclone.  Models all agree on a large amplifying upper level trough entering the picture around the 20th of aug.

Archived