joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read that highest winds are post precip for some. But someone is going to get hammered.

I think this will probably be true for most. You'll need to be pretty close to the low itself to get the backside jet that develops. But the CAA that crashes in behind it increases the mixing depth significantly region-wide, and will allow at least advisory level gusts for the majority of the subforum.

Steve--if it's showing that down there, is it relatively light up here along rt 2?  I imagine being so far north of that, that would be the case. 

THanks (not on puter).

Relatively light sure, but the HRRR is still like a half to 1 inch per type stuff of an hour or two. The biggest rates hug the CT/MA/RI border area.

there are a couple of 10 plus spots near Union CT. Can't believe that but shows how intense this could be in isolated areas.

Just seeing that now. I realize the HRRRX is an hour behind the HRRR right now, but that's almost a 4" difference even though the jackpot is in the same spot.

yea it's a mini 05 but impressive none the less

One thing I'll say, is the HRRR has been trying to tie the low track to the stalling front that has pushed to the south coast at this hour. In the HRRR runs it's been ripping the best forcing just to the north of that.

Almost like how you would see elevated convection fire just north of a stalled OFB.

It's nothing different that what's been forecast. I would plan on 55-60 mph. A rogue 70+ is not out of the question, but I wouldn't be banking it right now.

I really have been confused on the winds. I haven't seen anything that shows other than the Cape reaching HWW level. Where does the region wide HWW stuff come from?

One thing I'll say, is the HRRR has been trying to tie the low track to the stalling front that has pushed to the south coast at this hour. In the HRRR runs it's been ripping the best forcing just to the north of that.

Almost like how you would see elevated convection fire just north of a stalled OFB.

sick convergence

Archived