• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday, March 17th, 2016 cold pool hailers?

weatherwiz

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much if any lightning storms will have. Very low PW, not a lot of moisture to work with. I think lightning will be those single stroke flashes mostly. We'll see though. A CG in NY state with very low VIL recently and low base ref, so maybe storms with 50+dbz will produce some ok lightning. 

I wonder how much if any lightning storms will have. Very low PW, not a lot of moisture to work with. I think lightning will be those single stroke flashes mostly. We'll see though. A CG in NY state with very low VIL recently and low base ref, so maybe storms with 50+dbz will produce some ok lightning. 

there is some modest cape in the -10C to -30C layer so I think we'll see some lightning.  Some of the cells in NY are producing lightning...not a ton (at least CG).

Just had a huge crash of thunder outside.  That's two days in a row with good storms and I think 5 or 6 for the winter.  We've had more special weather statements for thunderstorms this winter than for snow events.  We're still running about +10 for the winter.  I really wouldn't have thought that was possible.

Archived