joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 Winter Storm Threat

RubiksDestroyer

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB says "blend of the Canadian, Nam, GFS is where I am now"......speechless.  51 members of the EPS have the general track somewhere between MYR and SAV then up just off the NC coast to just east of HAT, but he thinks it's going to reform off the VA Capes and crush the MA to the NE.  This is inside day 4 now.

NC/VA border up to Richmond and then to NC mountains look good. 

Aggravating, where has this been, finally booted the big ridge off the NE, nice low over the NE with a nice NAO block.  2 weeks ago this would have been a nice event.

Yeah, that's why I'm calling it the yearly March troll storm.  It's what we finally needed, but just a biiiiiitttt too late.  Mother nature trolling us. 

Seems like we always get a nice -NAO in March/April when it does us absolutely zilch, just keeps cool enough to be uncomfortable when we actually want it to be warm.

JB says "blend of the Canadian, Nam, GFS is where I am now"......speechless. 51 members of the EPS have the general track somewhere between MYR and SAV then up just off the NC coast to just east of HAT, but he thinks it's going to reform off the VA Capes and crush the MA to the NE. This is inside day 4 now.

NC/VA border up to Richmond and then to NC mountains look good.

for jb every storm reforms off the Virginia capes.

Yeah, that's why I'm calling it the yearly March troll storm. It's what we finally needed, but just a biiiiiitttt too late. Mother nature trolling us.

Seems like we always get a nice -NAO in March/April when it does us absolutely zilch, just keeps cool enough to be uncomfortable when we actually want it to be warm.

That's a good one :-)! I was thinking the same but you said it better.

If it still shows that at 48h, then I will be concerned. Let's see what the global models have to say today.

Midlevels are okay at the start for some areas outside the mountains initially, but the BL is on fire.

The GFS looks awful.

Track of the storm, lack of cold air in place, lack of a cold air transport, lack of dynamic cooling, bad trends, etc., etc., etc., etc. Not one thing going in our favor.

Definitely not a winter storm. Mix precipitation at 34 degrees or flurries is not something to get excited about at this point

How's the French looking?

Fairly far south like the 12z Euro and GGEM.  Problem is, QPF is pretty bleak on the Euro and surface temps suck (not helped by the lack of QPF).

I don't think this is going to work out anywhere outside the mountains, to be honest, but it bears watching just in case.  There just isn't a lot of QPF, in general, though, so even if it does snow it won't be much and with meager QPF it won't help matters that soil temps are probably on fire after all the warmth recently. The lack of QPF isn't helping BL temperatures, either.

Archived